Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possibly Dumb Inquiry About Werewolf Antag Rolls.
I've been playing for about a couple years, and in those couple years I think I've only been werewolf once. (I mainly play on Goon1, sometimes Goon2). I recall asking about it earlier in OOC and someone said that it's the most rarely rolled antag role. Can anyone confirm? 

(And if possible can it be made more common? I like the relative straightforward-ness of werewolfing.)
It is a rare antag, but from my understanding, you can only become a werewolf when you are dead and the mid round antag event happens that gives you a chance to become a werewolf,
this can only happen on main out side of Admin intervention.
No it is or was a rare roundstart antag. I believe it's in mixed (action)?
Yeah, it can be roundstart. I've seen some other people get it from random events, but I've only ever seen it from roundstart when I rolled werewolf that one time.
My bad then, I thought it was ghost role only because that is the only time I got it.
The only non seasonal antag that is a rarer spawn is the hunter. I have seen about a dozen or so werewolves over my year here and only one hunter.
Thanks to being random event antag only, wrestlerdoodle and hunter are the two rarest antags (Not counting admin only antags of course). Werewolf is rare but far more common then those antags.
Fucking Hunter antag. Ive wanted it for years.
Hell I have seen more Maetcho Mans than hunters which begs the question why so rare? From everything I have seen (very limited interaction with the hunter in the one round it appeared) it feels on the lower end of antags as far as power goes (again spent most of my time going away from it since I was but a humble janitor that round). Good against a single target but if they get backup it’s time to run which with the cloak they have sounds easy enough.
(12-30-2021, 12:01 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Hell I have seen more Maetcho Mans than hunters which begs the question why so rare? From everything I have seen (very limited interaction with the hunter in the one round it appeared) it feels on the lower end of antags as far as power goes (again spent most of my time going away from it since I was but a humble janitor that round). Good against a single target but if they get backup it’s time to run which with the cloak they have sounds easy enough.

I'd wager it's more of a matter of flavor and design space. There's not a lot they do that more common antagonists can't do better to my knowledge, they lack a lot of the zest that a lot of  more common antags have gotten over the years, and they're just legally distinct recreations of an existing media property without much embellishment. I don't think they'd be game ruining to see more of or anything, but I don't think they'd add a whole lot.
(12-30-2021, 01:54 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 12:01 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Hell I have seen more Maetcho Mans than hunters which begs the question why so rare? From everything I have seen (very limited interaction with the hunter in the one round it appeared) it feels on the lower end of antags as far as power goes (again spent most of my time going away from it since I was but a humble janitor that round). Good against a single target but if they get backup it’s time to run which with the cloak they have sounds easy enough.

I'd wager it's more of a matter of flavor and design space. There's not a lot they do that more common antagonists can't do better to my knowledge, they lack a lot of the zest that a lot of  more common antags have gotten over the years, and they're just legally distinct recreations of an existing media property without much embellishment. I don't think they'd be game ruining to see more of or anything, but I don't think they'd add a whole lot.

Agree, but it would be nice to see more of the lesser seen roles though, more variety.
Maybe a “big game mode” needs to be a thing with werewolves,hunters, and a new monsterous antag at round start options, with changelings and spiders joining mid round maybe.
Definitely don’t do a xenomorph clone since the cm server pretty much has those on lockdown and bringing them over to goon would feel lazy tbh. Someone more creative than I could do something I’m sure.
You might say werewolf only comes around every once in a full moon 🤡
Photo 
(12-30-2021, 11:01 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: You might say werewolf only comes around every once in a full moon 🤡

D'oh you.