Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat Input Lag
I'm not sure when this started happening, possibly since byond 500: When typing into the chat box, I've been noticing some input lag. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly. When I type, a lot of the time some key presses don't seem to happen when they should, resulting in te xtlike thi (text like this). I noticed I'm not the only one with this problem, I sounded off in the IRC and it seems most other people are having the same problem. It makes it very difficult to talk without having spelling issues in everything I say. This problem doesn't seem to occur in the chatbox that appears when you press the T hotkey in WASD mode, only the chatbar at the bottom of the screen.
Sorry for the piss-poor formatting, I probably should have previewed and structured my post before I submitted it. I can't edit it now. Oh well.
I've been having this problem too. It actually impedes gameplay, because when I attempt to, say "Add-Note" or "Board", or any number of verbs, I get told that BOAR, etc. isn't a valid command, and then there's just a D in my chatbox. It's annoying and I have so far died 1 times because of this.
Parenthesis: The dialog for saving screenshots have always been like this for me. What's up with that anyway?
This is still happening, and it's annoying as heck!
This bug is still occurring, and now affects wasd mode too!! god it's awful
It also gives you spaces in your words which is annoying
It dosent seem as bad now for me, but it still is a pain.
From what I can tell, this bug is going to be resolved with the next BYOND version: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1418625
Nothing we can do about it guys, it's all because of Byond.
I thought it was my keyboard :S Good to know.
just a reminder, you can get rid of chat input lag by downloading BYOND 502 at their website.