• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manta's dead
where were you wen manta die
i was shitposting when the phone ring
"Manta is kil"
"no."
idk if i give it an F or an L
Manta kinda sucked for antags
manta smelled bad, however i liked the torpedos.

torpedos on cog1 when
(12-27-2021, 02:46 PM)Annoyed Egg Wrote: manta smelled bad, however i liked the torpedos.

torpedos on cog1 when

torpedos on the inside of oshan all pointing at the rest of oshan
torpedoes were about the only thing it had going for it, and then for some reason they were locked behind unhackable doors, and weren't even that deadly or useful
I enjoyed the general layout of manta, with the bar in the center and all the other areas around it, and it being shaped like a ray was pretty cute. But it did take me a while to enjoy it
(12-27-2021, 05:35 PM)Marc Wrote: torpedoes were about the only thing it had going for it, and then for some reason they were locked behind unhackable doors, and weren't even that deadly or useful

You can still get torpedoes on a prefab  :eyepop:
RIP in peace
The only thing I miss about manta are the borg thrusters but those can be very easily thrown literally anywhere else so I'm happy that manta is gone.
You can get the thrusters on oshan too, unless it was changed.
i know, super unpopular opinion, but i kinda liked it, even if it had its flaws. i loved the concept. and the bridge, the central cafeteria area, the kitchen... and the torpedoes!

rip manta. u will always be in our hearts. or maybe not.
(12-28-2021, 11:29 PM)Sbmhawk Wrote: You can get the thrusters on oshan too, unless it was changed.

Was a bug and was changed
(12-29-2021, 07:15 AM)mab Wrote: i know, super unpopular opinion, but i kinda liked it, even if it had its flaws. i loved the concept. and the bridge, the central cafeteria area, the kitchen... and the torpedoes!

rip manta. u will always be in our hearts. or maybe not.
Manta will be in the abandoned maintenance tunnel of my heart. Something it very much lacked.
I'm disappointed that the Manta-specific azones and certain items and medals are now unobtainable. Manta was also one of my favorite maps to mine on.

I do wonder, if the map was so hated why did it win the map vote so often? I would think the least picked maps would be the first to go, not one of the most.

I definitely have my own complaints about it. I didn't like the shared chemistry/pharmacy and the lack of maint was a pain both during radiation blowouts and for antags. However, I wonder if this indicates a pretty big disconnect between the majority of players and those that are engaged on the forums and Discord.