Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does the ideal round look like to you, and how do we make ss13 fun for everyone
when i was new and learning everything i appreciated a good 1-hour round where i could explore genetics, mining, etc... 

nowadays though i find myself more allured to a quality ~30 minute round with tons of death and absurdity, map rotation help keep it fresh. 

SS13 is so open ended, you have roleplayers, you have shitters, you have sec players who hold their position in huge regard, you have people that just want to be the best at whatever mechanic is their favorite and learn all the secrets. 

How do we make everyone happy? It's a huge balancing act, you nerf one thing and you ruin it for others, you add a new mechanic and now the sec players are pissed they can instantly get turned into a toilet with legs or something
At least 3 hours, and literally all I do is look at random lootboxes artifacts.

Or maybe pathology is enabled but shuttlecalling is disabled. 👀
Trying to make the game fun for everyone is impossible, as you said, ss13 is very open ended and everyone plays the game for different reasons.

Good rounds for me are the ones with a lot of player interaction, which sounds ironic since I mostly play on 1 but I really like the types of interactions this game provides, be it fighting someone or talking to them.
You can't make a game fun for everyone all the time. You can only make some people happy some of the time.

Haven't you ever watched a disney movie?
Honestly this is a game that generally does have something for everyone. Exploration, puzzles, coding, combat, farming, cool secrets, explosions, comedy rp, explosions, paperwork, spaceships, clowns and did I mention explosions.
(12-27-2021, 01:17 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: You can't make a game fun for everyone all the time. You can only make some people happy some of the time.

Haven't you ever watched a disney movie?

more of a rhetorical question to generate discussion
no tiders and im happy
A recent round made me realize just how detrimental valid-hunting is to the new player experience. Particularly when they get their first antag role and someone with too many hours in the game, doing the exact same play-by-numbers powergaming routine, comes and ends their round early with no real opportunity for the newer player to experiment and enjoy the chance playing antagonist. It adds exactly nothing to do the Goonstation experience. Sure you can argue 'go play on RP'. However, RP can be a little intimidating for someone new or newish to the game.
(12-28-2021, 12:19 AM)zcrow Wrote: A recent round made me realize just how detrimental valid-hunting is to the new player experience. *yada yada yada*

That's good, you are a good person
I guess just a round where people aren't being shitters. I play mostly on Heisenbee, and most people i talk to there are great. If the only people i interact with were people like Wilson Levett, Lilith Ogant, Osmosis Jones, etc. Then my rounds would be amazing.

But every once in a while you run into people who interpret "not an RP server" as "just interact with people however you want" and you end up with some players that are just looking for the tiniest excuse to fight, players all-too-eager to throw insults around, just general unpleasantness.

That's the only thing that ruins a round for me. Socializing is important even on 1 and 2 and sometimes you run into rude people. I try my damn best not to be rude and to be nice to everyone, so most people have been nice in return. But sometimes people just aren't interested i guess.
Hard to say, but I like when lots of goofy fun stuff happens. Or even a nice chill round where people just do their jobs and mess around. I like a lot of variety I guess
Lots of guns
nukies
revs or nukies or i roll traitor
(01-10-2022, 10:30 AM)Cal Wrote: nukies

God, nukies is incredibly fun. I only played once and we lost and i still had a blast. Similarly, trying to rush the nuke as a non-antag to save the station is also fun. I remember charging at nukies after a faily stressful round as a sec off and just like that i was audibly laughing irl as i attempted to dodge the bullets. 

I wish nukies was on rotation more often.  space bear