Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Removes santa's teleport ability
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input wanted] [removal]

About the PR
Removes santa's teleport ability (still in the code, so an admin could give it)

Why's this needed?
There has been a massive self-antag problem with santa's abusing their AA and teleport ability, removing their teleport ability should make it much easier and fun for sec to actually catch santa, as on RP as sec santa usually just teleports away before you even get a chance to talk, which means the best option is to just shoot them on sight. I'm sure the same applies to main as well, but I could be wrong.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Merlin1230
(*)Santa has been too naughty this year, so they've lost their ability to teleport.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
naw we need new players to feel the frustration of a mindslaved santa
It's not a lot of fun on RP trying to catch santa when they're self-antagging and they just teleport away without a word. and on RP santa self-antags... a lot. I'm unsure of what its like on main, and I can always make the removal a RP only thing.
I was amazed when I first got santa this year on RP and at the top of my list was “AI upload”. It hadn’t even crossed my mind with AA I could just walk in. Having both teleporting AND all access is a bit much imo
it is very much an issue over at goon1 where some shitter santa decides to just tp into the armory, while i dont dislike the idea of removing santas teleportation, i think it would be preferable if several key locations should be blacklisted instead
(12-24-2021, 04:35 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: it is very much an issue over at goon1 where some shitter santa decides to just tp into the armory, while i dont dislike the idea of removing santas teleportation, i think it would be preferable if several key locations should be blacklisted instead

Correct me if I'm wrong, pretty sure armory/sec is already blacklisted after a string of "OH GOD SANTA IS IN THE ARMORY" cases in the first week or so of December.
I'm going to throw this out there. Santa spawns with a loyalty implant, to prevent mind slaving. People self antagging as Santa get a ban full stop.
(12-23-2021, 11:39 PM)Yellow Wrote: I was amazed when I first got santa this year on RP and at the top of my list was “AI upload”. It hadn’t even crossed my mind with AA I could just walk in. Having both teleporting AND all access is a bit much imo

I would rather santa has teleport than all access. Teleporting and being slippery is part of santa's charm, and the peak santa experience is heading back to your workplace after doing a task, seeing santa in your office leaving a bunch of presents, then seeing him wink and teleport away in a cloud of snowflakes. There's no real need for an all access card really, and I think that's what causes most of the problems rather than the teleporting.
(12-24-2021, 05:16 AM)Zafhset Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, pretty sure armory/sec is already blacklisted after a string of "OH GOD SANTA IS IN THE ARMORY" cases in the first week or so of December.

That's correct.
not big fan - teleport should just be like a 2.5s interruptible action bar
Yeah, I'm working on making it action bar instead of just removing it.
A related thought could a similar bar be used with wizards on rp to bring them as a rare antag option?
On goon1 it hasn't been much of a problem.
I'm surprised to hear that it's a "massive self-antag problem" on RP.

Goon1 Santa's generally teleport randomly, spreading spacemas joy, presents, and deadly ice-cream.
If anything just remove it from RP. Never been bothered by Santa once on classic.