Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Remove security equipment crate
This is an idea Im not sure on, I bring this up because its an interesting idea and feel as if itll promote an interesting conversation regardless. Currently, with AA it is trivial to get security equipment by stopping nearby cargo. This is useful for both validhunters and antags looking for easy access to sec gear. This would make it harder for sec offs to get there gear back, I am unsure if this is a good thing or not. On one hand I rarely see sec offs go after there stolen gear and instead just buy more, on the other hand this would negatively impact security in a maybe not good way. Ultimately I am unsure if this would be good or not.
Yes yes yes. Ive said this multiple times in the discord. It trivialises getting stun batons. If you want one you should either need to get the ones in the armory, or take one from an officer. Going around sec to get batons is stinky.
Ok crazy thought. A password lock generated at round start only sent to HOS in their beginning round notes. If you input the wrong code it grinders the contents. Torn on whether emags bypass or not. Further clarification not even a multitool helps with the password it is all or nothing one try.
no, hos doesnt need more special treats
I support this, you should have to gank a secoff to get the strongest weapon in game, not just game cargo for it
It makes promotion impossible when there is no HoS, and makes it impossible for cargo to put up a ""resistance"" when sec is mindslaved and/or dead.

Personally I dont like the idea.
I only play rp and admittedly haven't been playing a lot during this whole greytide situation, so I can't really comment on how necessary tightening restrictions is, but:

Assuming restrictions are tightened, maybe an interesting way to do it would be biological locks? Since it's valuable cargo, NT sends it in special tamper-proof crates: Blasting them open grinds the contents, and they can only be properly opened with the biometric signatures of certified NT security personnel. It prevents the described lower effort play, but still allows antagonists (or desperate crewmembers) some windows such as stealing away a corpse and cutting off the arm, or drawing blood for mutagen or using polymorph, maybe some others that I'm not thinking of.

Again, this suggestion is just for the case that people find it necessary, I'm not personally endorsing a change myself.
I think cyber is on a better track from both a rule of cool and interesting integration perspective.
(12-23-2021, 11:41 PM)DioChasek Wrote: I think cyber is on a better track from both a rule of cool and interesting integration perspective.

Agreed. A lock requiring an actual security officer to open it would be a great idea for getting around AA meaning free sec gear.

It allows for antagonists to be crafty too, with a few methods of tricking the bioscan such as the mentioned severed arm.
This removes the ability for security officers to re-gear. I'd say a different solution is needed that does what you intend without compromising this.
AI auth the armoury a staffie stole my batong
This seems like a slippery slope, often times when I order security crates its simply me trying to be a security officer after being promoted from a boring role I've tried too many times. If anything, this would not only make antags unstoppable once they've taken down most of security but prevent other people from helping.
So how do you do this while still disincentivizing having non-antags hacking into the armory?
(02-04-2022, 03:41 PM)AlyasGrey Wrote: So how do you do this while still disincentivizing having non-antags hacking into the armory?

I'm a big believer in play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You hack into the armory you are fair game to be killed full stop.
I really dislike this idea.

Maybe there's a plague of baton using self-antags of something on Main, but on the RP servers, at least, I see the crates used for their intended purpose, generally. Promotions and death replacements.

We have enough issues with having enough Sec without them cryoing on gear loss, too, or DNRing because cloning would mean they're halfway to useless.

This seems like it would be another step of nobody having nice things because one or two people misuse them, that just reduces the overall enjoyability of the game.