Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scannable/movable barber chairs
You can only give haircuts to people while they're in a barber chair. I can concede that this is a hilarious feature and should stay, however, movable/placable barber chairs have several benefits:

- It allows pranksters to cut people's hair off in creative ways (IE: leave a bunch of peels in the hallway so you slip into a barber chair, then steal their hair and wear it as clown)

- It facilitates a gimmick I wanted to do as a barber once where I built a new barbershop in a comical location (ie: medical, bar, ect.)

- If the chair was movable you could, in theory, be a travelling barber that goes around giving people haircuts which sounds like a fun gimmick and it'd make playing the "dude who cuts people's hair" suck less as you wouldn't be tied to a small crummy room that nobody goes to

An argument could be made that this would just make people visit the barber shop less often than they already do, but people already visit the barber shop never so that's impossible. This would be a maybe fun change? I know I've wanted it at least a few times in a few rounds, especially when playing as a barber or a clown
toll booth in the middle of a primary hallway operated by the barber

if you want past, pay the toll; he wants his cut of the budget
It's a good idea. And one that has been suggested before. I once did do a gimmick like you described as a traveling barber when an admin unanchored the barber's chair and let me drag it around cutting hair.

This really just requires flipping a 1 to a 0, but I do have one concern with it. I feel like the barber's chair will just be stolen nearly every round if this happens. Maybe that's for the better since it see's so little use, I suppose I can't say for sure.

Perhaps only a person with the "barber" job should be able to pull the chair, or be able to anchor/unanchor it. Or make another chair that is mobile and leave the regular one alone?

Eh, it's probably find to make the chair movable. We can do it for now and if things get too crazy, we can always revert it and go back to the drawing board.
Can't they just put extra chairs in the barber's room? There's room for more, and I've never seen a real barber with only one chair (feel free to nominate this as worst "realism!" argument yet)