Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
[MERGED PR] PDA Packet Sender can now make (relatively simple) Programs
(12-23-2021, 10:05 AM)RikuTheKiller Wrote: cyberTripping, you don't have to load from the button to manually send the packet, no. That's just a way to go back to a packet you made into a button. Once it is saved as a complete program, you can infact have a variable for the network address of a door and then spam the buttons from there. Though this was already possible through DWAINE scripts fairly sure with a single packet.

Edit: Just realized there is a reply function on the forums, it seems I am blind.

Ah, I understand now. Yeah, I feel like it might be good if there's some sort of balancing feature in there, like a limit to buttons/arguments, or inflating filesize based on the number of saved objects, just as a trade off for the convenience of having your nerd programs saved in something as small and inconspicuous as your PDA. That being said, I'm not the most creative when it comes to packet nerdery, so I have less than zero idea on where the balance of power should actually lie.

I suppose this is an open request from me to anyone who knows what the fuck they're talking about for further input. I do really like the sound of this feature, and want to see it implemented, and that means making sure it doesn't break things too badly!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] PDA Packet Sender can now make (relatively simple) Programs - by cyberTripping - 12-23-2021, 11:16 AM