Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Give wizards a modified clownfumble
Initially posted this in the Questionable ideas thread but I kinda feel its less questionable nowadays

In a world where the first knockdown in combat willl win 90% of fights because haha stand up as well as click item you just dropped to get back on what could be considered an equal footing, a world where wizards can phee cabul ontop of you, into a magic missile (Both of which are still free spells, by the way) already gives them a significant advantage.

When these wizards then choose to carry around security equipment, any chance you stand of recovering in a fight then goes to essentially zero. My suggestion is that wizards recieve the clownfumble penalty on sec equipment, namely flashes and stun batons (clowns dont get one for tasers, fortunately). It might encourage less of the immediately rushing security for a stun baton token early game, as well as encourage destruction of equipment rather than repeated use.

Alternatively, holding security gear (flashes, stun batons, tasers. hell even armory gear) could add units of histamine to wizards while held, to reflect the magic // technology divide.
yes +1
+1 for sure
Reposting my response to the questionable ideas thread because I'm lazy

It should be a special clownfumble. This wizard version would be a trait so you can't remove it and would only have an effect on useful tech like eguns, batons, tasers and more. After all do you really expect an 80 year old sage to know how to operate a smartphone when he has never used one before?
+1 but extend to all kinetic and energy weapons
they should get more staffs though. There is not enough staffs for 5 wizards.
Huge yes on this, I've been hoping this would be changed for a long time. Hopefully it'll mean wizards can get a wider variety of spells in the future too, since they wont be able to abuse regular equipment as much in combination with them.
(12-23-2021, 12:06 PM)Nidabutt Wrote: Huge yes on this, I've been hoping this would be changed for a long time. Hopefully it'll mean wizards can get a wider variety of spells in the future too, since they wont be able to abuse regular equipment as much in combination with them.

"Materialize stun baton"

"Materialize Lazer Gun"
(12-23-2021, 01:26 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 12:06 PM)Nidabutt Wrote: Huge yes on this, I've been hoping this would be changed for a long time. Hopefully it'll mean wizards can get a wider variety of spells in the future too, since they wont be able to abuse regular equipment as much in combination with them.

"Materialize stun baton"

"Materialize Lazer Gun"

That got me good, lmao.
I think histamine would be lame, but clown fumbling is 100% awesome. If someone were to code this I don't see why anyone would object to merging it.
literally just them not knowing how the fuck to use technology would be both funny and solve the described issue, +1
Wizards ought to experience the blowback that shotguns do when you're hit by them as recoil whenever they fire them
Near perfect solution in my opinion, would make some sense too since their wizards and have probably never used a baton or flash, but im sure no one cares about realism