Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitor Items - Toy Swords
Cost: 12 TC 

Name: Ordinary Box of Toy Swords

Description: A regular box labelled "Ordinary Box of Toy Swords", contained within are 7 Toy Swords as you would expect. However, on closer inspection of the damage numbers and an unusual description it would become clear that one of these 'toys' is the real deal, the weapon stats would be identical to a regular C-saber with the notable downside of being unable to extend and retract the blade, though it would be possible to store within a backpack.

Explanation: Pretending to rampage with a Toy Sword can yield some fun results as you watch people's neurons activate into panic mode before your own eyes at the sight of that familiar glowing lightstick. However, what if you could take that prank to another level with a very real C-saber disguised as a toy? It comes with additional Toy Swords to throw off security, allowing for creative diversions such as handing them out to staff assistants to confuse your foes or pretending to do a fake rampage, only to turn the tables when your victims least expect it. The cost is due to the potential power of such a powerful weapon disguised in such a way - while weaker as an arm item due to being far more obvious, it would be more effective when used out of a backpack due to not having to waste any time igniting the blade, in addition the different sound effects could potentially cause people to let their guard down or ignore distant sounds of rampaging, especially if others are using the actual Toy Swords. I feel like it should require the traitor to dedicate themself to the gimmick with all 12 TC as it's potentially very powerful.

Cost: 5 TC

Name: Box of Replica Toy Swords

Description: A regular box labelled "Box of Replica Toy Swords", contained within are 7 C-sabers... Or at least they appear to be, as they have all the same noises and effects, including being able to extend and retract the blade. Closer inspection reveals that they in fact have a damage of 0 and are simply expertly crafted replicas.

Explanation: Many a round have I prayed to the space gods for a 0 damage C-saber to fully complete my rampager cosplay and my prayers have gone unanswered. I propose an alternative to the above idea, the effect of this would be much more obvious, with security having to try to gather the fakes and causing chaos on the comms with false calls on C-saber sightings. The cost fits with the 7 TC of a C-saber, preventing the user from acquiring any other item as the effect has the potential to be incredibly confusing for security to manage which gives a huge opportunity for the C-saber user to act in a more stealthy manner and divert attention to framed individuals.

These are probably not perfectly balanced but just some ideas I had from my fun adventures pretending to rampage with Toy Swords. If anyone has ideas for changes to them or their own concepts, I'd love to hear it.
my main problem with the first one is that it will make it so people would not want to use normal toy swords due to people fearing this, much in the same way that the trash cart does.