Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Pirate Market
If you're reacting like this to having to rewrite sections of code you've already written before you've finished, how are you going to react if you finish it, submit it to be merged, and have the devs tell you that it won't get merged unless such and such is done?

You are not the first person to submit a PR that would allow nonantagonists to acquire powerful and highly desirable traitor gear.
(01-10-2022, 07:05 AM)Mouse Wrote: If you're reacting like this to having to rewrite sections of code you've already written before you've finished, how are you going to react if you finish it, submit it to be merged, and have the devs tell you that it won't get merged unless such and such is done?

You are not the first person to submit a PR that would allow nonantagonists to acquire powerful and highly desirable traitor gear.

Highly preferable to the constant vague one sentence "change this" arguments sandwiched between weird guilt tripping for not being on the discord inner circle. At least they'll have to wait for the finished module before wanting to make sweeping changes to fundamental goals that I've had in the thread since day 1.

Cal
Zonespace is a coder with a LOT of experience and merged PRs to not only goon but other codebases, their criticism is quite valid, and they're not picking fights with you. Moreso saving you from having to rewrite everything from the ground up - You did post this in the ideas section of the forums after all.

Yeah, yeah. They've made it very clear how much they want me to see their supposed credentials. I'm not impressed and I'm most likely not going to change my mind.
Hi at this point this thread seems to have strayed from discussion about the traders to something entirely unproductive. Just gonna go ahead and lock it. Feel free to post your PR when it's ready.