Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.73 Average
Micro/Macro bombs should have a ~3 second timer.
I disagree with any changes to micros/macros - if a traitor is willing to spend all 12TCs and essentially end their round for a suicide bombing or death bomb, that is entirely up to them.

Besides, unless they time it really well they'll typically only gib a couple of folks with most of the others just losing limbs or dying - these can be easily cloned and fixed.

Not every antag action needs to have a counterplay, especially with one that can only be pulled off once.
The issue lies in instant kills that trigger the bombs like biblefarting. The crew gets literally 0 warning and this can happen in the first minute or two and people usually just call the shuttle instead of repairing bombings so this makes the round bad for everyone.

Though I completely disagree on the matter if we're talking about the RP servers, micros should probably get removed from there altogether.
The sadist in me wants to see a round where every traitor runs a macrobomb and detonates in the first 5 minutes just to see what kind of fresh hell the station looks like after. But I wouldn’t want to play that round
I remember someone somewhere making the suggestion to remove macrobombs, and I feel like that could help alleviate this. They have the same cost and power as 12 microbombs, so you could still macrobomb just fine, you'd just need to knowingly buy each implanter rather than hitting the "give me a big bomb" button once and being locked in. It's a subtle and largely psychological difference, but I cant help but feel like it would cut down on the incredibly low effort play. It's a lot easier to realize or decide you dont want to go through with something when there's more of a process involved: buying something online from a store that saved your credit card vs buying something from a store that you have no account for yet is a good comparison, I think.

It's the difference between "haha explosions funny" -> buy bomb -> explode
and
"haha explosions funny" -> start buying bombs -> "hmm well maybe i could buy some tac grenades too" -> etc etc -> cause more varying trouble and then explode less hard
IIRC that suggestion was only for the RP server and as far as I know macros and micros don't have the same power as they all slightly randomized so you may get more or less out of buying 12 micros vs a macro but my memory of it is fuzzy,
A few years ago macros were changed to be exactly as powerful as 12 micros and their cost was increased to 12 from 10.  Before that you got more mileage out of buying 10 micros than you got out of one macro.
After checking the code that's not the case, a microbomb randomly chooses between 2 or 3 power while a macro chooses between 20 and 30 explosion power so on average it's better to buy 12 microbombs. Although zonespace opened up a PR that tries to fix this so this may be incorrect in the near future.
(12-19-2021, 11:43 PM)DioChasek Wrote: The sadist in me wants to see a round where every traitor runs a macrobomb and detonates in the first 5 minutes just to see what kind of fresh hell the station looks like after. But I wouldn’t want to play that round

I think you'd probably just end up with either an immediate shuttle call, assuming some living member of command was behaving somewhat responsibly towards the desires of the rest of the players...  or the population of the server bleeds to like 10% of what it was at while everyone is forced to wait an hour while command finishes whatever pet project they've decided to hold a round hostage for.

Depending on what is actually blown up and whether you have the broader engineering departments doing their job, and/or an engineering cyborg doing the same it would be fixable.  With a cyborg potentially trivially so in terms of what actually gets blown up, with the exception of repressurizing the station.

But I also doubt most players would really have that much fun playing the 'get enough money to fix the station then do it' game.
The warning it's about to go off should be the corpse farts. Then BOOM!
The warning it's about to go off should be the corpse farts. Then BOOM!

This is the way.
This is what makes macros fun, please dont ask this to be nerfed. You trade the rest of your round for a guaranteed kill. It's fair
(12-22-2021, 05:54 AM)Marc Wrote: This is what makes macros fun, please dont ask this to be nerfed. You trade the rest of your round for a guaranteed kill. It's fair

but there is no counter play, the antag is out of the round but so is a few other players as well.
(12-22-2021, 01:19 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: but there is no counter play, the antag is out of the round but so is a few other players as well.

if your not near antags when they die, you wont die to it..
(12-22-2021, 01:19 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: but there is no counter play, the antag is out of the round but so is a few other players as well.
Thats not really the problem from what I'm understanding, its the biblefart out of nowhere thats the problem. There isn't really a counter to the guy that clicks once, q, then f.
Maybe change biblefarting so it doesn't trigger micro/macros? You're being smited, your smiting shouldn't kill other people