Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.73 Average
Micro/Macro bombs should have a ~3 second timer.
We've started toning down the amount of random instant kills, we should tone this one down too.

The "X emits a loud clunk!" should be accompanied with regular grenade ticking BEFORE actually going off. There's little to no counterplay to these things besides KNOWING they had a bomb in them or being in a bomb/industrial suit.

Nukie micros should go off instantly as usual.
traitor instakills are fine especially if setting it off includes your death
(12-19-2021, 10:19 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: traitor instakills are fine especially if setting it off includes your death

disagree but thanks for the input

to elaborate: other forms of instant kill require effort. TTVs at least take time to make. macrobombs are a "lol i dont care about my round or anyone else's" deal.

doing this would not decrease the amount of chaos they add to a round. they'd still explode, just give people a chance to avoid death by running.
I think they could have a slight change to give them a short tell but I am unsure about how well it would work out.
(12-19-2021, 10:19 AM)Cal Wrote: to elaborate: other forms of instant kill require effort. TTVs at least take time to make. macrobombs are a "lol i dont care about my round or anyone else's" deal.

doing this would not decrease the amount of chaos they add to a round. they'd still explode, just give people a chance to avoid death by running.

TTVs are something anybody can make, not traitor specific. Micro/macrobombs cost TC, which if your spending your TC on something, it needs to work. Lots of people get them so that they can take validhunters out with them. Thats the reason 90% of the time people get them. If you have time to outrun them then they wont work on anyone but new players, who usually wont attempt to even fight a traitor. Traitor items should be strong. If your worried about dying to a macro/micros, dont be near people when they die.

Personally when I grab a csaber, I know im going to die. If I load up on micros, id like to take out those who end me, instead of doing minor damage to an already mostly killed station.
It's fine as is IMO
Also encourages you to take the traitor alive as sec, cuts down on idiotic non sec validhunters toolboxing antags to death, and it also is a good way to keep your engineering and mechanics players busy.
i think the bigger issue is that traitors can wait for the perfect moment then succumb. lets you get some really gross, surgical precision in there
If the macro bomb has a delay on it that wouldnt make it worth all your TC to buy over just making a TTV.
I think they're fine as is. They're costly and it's not like you can't achieve nearly the same results with TTVs or chemistry suicide bombings.
Maybe have it be instant if you actually die, but if you succumb/revolver/(biblefart?) have it have 2 second timer.

Not sure how it would work with a biblefart, but eh.
(12-19-2021, 11:48 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Personally when I grab a csaber, I know im going to die. If I load up on micros, id like to take out those who end me, instead of doing minor damage to an already mostly killed station.

yeah thats cool but im talking about like people running into security and biblefarting

(12-19-2021, 03:06 PM)Sbmhawk Wrote: Maybe have it be instant if you actually die, but if you succumb/revolver/(biblefart?) have it have 2 second timer.

Not sure how it would work with a biblefart, but eh.

not a bad idea
Feel like the issue is less of micros/macros and moreso that biblefarting and the like work as an instant suicide that will always blow up the bomb. Relevant pr here that has some good critique relevant to this discussion: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/4876
possibly dumb idea: the macrobomb implant has to attune itself to your body by remaining in there for a period of time before it can successfully blow up at full power
(12-19-2021, 03:40 PM)Mouse Wrote: possibly dumb idea: the macrobomb implant has to attune itself to your body by remaining in there for a period of time before it can successfully blow up at full power

I like this a lot and think if there's any changes to be made, this is it.