Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Incentivize Capturing Revheads Alive
Currently there is (I think) a way to capture them alive, but it only works if they’re cuffed to a bed (I think) and at that point you might as well just kill them if you’re gonna take a straight jacket and leave them there.

I propose change the “revhead” captured conditions to if the revhead is in the brig, and wearing prisoner apparel.

Secondly, make it practical: capturing a revhead alive should grant more buffs to the heads (and possibly sec). This way, it makes sense to want to capture one alive.

This could spice up some rev rounds, which are already somewhat stale in how they play out. You could get some interesting prison break outs with these scenarios, adding more variability in how rev rounds take place.
I think it is more of a culture thing, most Antags when found out are killed on the spot and rarely are taken alive,

One problem I can see with this is that, sec will just put them into a straight jacket and more or less out of the round, waiting for the round to end, but not even being able to observe the round.
I let antags on main go all the time if they're not lings or revheads. It wouldn't make sense

Buffs would be cool but revs would just resort to bombs because why wouldn't they
Capturing all revheads alive could be made less obtuse (rn you need to like bucklecuff all of them and shit) but honestly being dead is more fun then being permabrigged so Id rather not see it become meta to permabrig revheads.
(12-19-2021, 07:02 AM)Ikea Wrote: Capturing all revheads alive could be made less obtuse (rn you need to like bucklecuff all of them and shit) but honestly being dead is more fun then being permabrigged so Id rather not see it become meta to permabrig revheads.

There’s nothing stopping a revhead from suiciding, on the downside that you can’t be broken out of jail if you’re dead.
(12-18-2021, 09:35 PM)Jakson Wrote: Secondly, make it practical: capturing a revhead alive should grant more buffs to the heads (and possibly sec). This way, it makes sense to want to capture one alive.

This is actually completely unpractical for a lot of reasons.

Security unknowingly arrested a revhead for a crime/murder they committed and stuffed them into the brig.
"I RECEIVED A BUFF, IT'S REVS" - Security McGoon, over the radio.

Security arrested a revhead alive, and lost the buff when the revhead escaped.
"THE REVHEAD HAS ESCAPED, GET TO SEC" - Security McGoon, over the radio.
(12-19-2021, 10:52 PM)Zafhset Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 09:35 PM)Jakson Wrote: Secondly, make it practical: capturing a revhead alive should grant more buffs to the heads (and possibly sec). This way, it makes sense to want to capture one alive.

This is actually completely unpractical for a lot of reasons.

Security unknowingly arrested a revhead for a crime/murder they committed and stuffed them into the brig.
"I RECEIVED A BUFF, IT'S REVS" - Security McGoon, over the radio.

Security arrested a revhead alive, and lost the buff when the revhead escaped.
"THE REVHEAD HAS ESCAPED, GET TO SEC" - Security McGoon, over the radio.

I’ve seen ZERO sec put someone in a full inmate outfit, no matter what crime.

And the issue of heads/sec losing the buff only to instantly run to the brig seems like a good countermeasure to keep an eye on the head rev, but it could also just mean they removed their prisoner uniform. Even if you did escape the brig, it’s easy to blend in with the crowds of other people in the hallways outside security.
I think again, this is more of a RP vs Main situation, the only time you will see sec put someone in a inmate outfit is when there brig time is maxed out, IE the whole 5 minutes an officer can give normally to someone, chances are on main, if someone does something that would warrant that amount of time will likely be killed instead thus the lack of a need to change out there uniform.