HoS Application - NanoDano, The Awakening
Usual character name: Used to be Jerry Gaster, Now Pug Squire
BYOND username: NanoDano
Discord username (if you are on our discord): MysticFlower
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Goon servers you play: Mostly goon1 and goon3rp

Reason for application: I've seen what its like with a team of new or uncooperative secoffs, so with enough knowledge and enough time played(i think), I figured I'd give it a shot. I spend a lot of time playing mostly AI and secoff so that should give me fairly good knowledge of the maps, and i have played with and gotten to know some of the HoS's that play, Ruben, Virdis, Duke, Harrison, etc. They have helped me a lot in knowing how to be sec and I'd like to try to take up the role so I can help other officers with the same things I had trouble with.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I instantly tried secoff the moment I unlocked it, I had a great time talking with other secoffs and getting robusted by clowns and mimes, since then I've learned enough to do the robusting, mostly, I tend to tunnel vision antags a little too hard, but I've never had an HoS talk to me about it and hopefully its offset by my generous punishments, which are usually just a minute to 30 seconds, and a swirly for especially troublesome people.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    ALWAYS leave the tracker and disk on the table, ALWAYS talk on the radio, ALWAYS use the alert button when in actual trouble, and ALWAYS respond to alerts, also always bully the clown.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Not quite a sec moment but I loved it when Viridis mindslaved nearly an entire station, including the HoS and secoffs, thats when I really started tried to learn more robust strats, and I probably wouldn't be the same without that.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Give the det a sechud, and add an alert tracker on the PDA or something so officers that don't know the map very well can still find the location of an another officers alert
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    For those that know my AI(C.ALL) and secoff I'm always eager to answer any questions people have, my play style in a group compared to singular isn't that different, when I have people to rely on I'm always notifying them on the radio of what I see and am usually patrolling the station when I can. I've never been a lone secoff, but usually when most of the others are dead I try to just stay alive above all and check on the others through radio fairly often.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Blue sec is best, We don't die like the rest, Fart on the clown for stealing the contro chest.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Turn the brig into a bar and appoint a warden that runs the bar, although this might work better in ss14
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): First one was when I was still very new, I shot a flamer a monkey dropped in an empty room as HoP
Second and third were because of language, however I will confidentiality say I've got that under control now

My picture didn't post! I worked so hard on that masterpiece!

Oh god i just noticed the minimum word limit, im screwed
I can't say I could really support this. I think you need a bit more time with security, and understanding what it's about. I advise you to remember that robusting is only a minor part of security work, and acquire more experience with the job. If you put in some more work and experience, I have no doubt you would make a great HoS in no time.
I may have misinterpreted the meaning of robust, I was under the impression it was having good game knowledge, In any case, I was thinking more like knowing how to counter someone abusing the chair flip. Thank you greatly for reviewing me post though!
New best experience as sec: We had a confirmed traitor, i let him go twice and warned him he would be killed or borged if he did The Badtm again, he did the bad and wanted to go out in a cool way, so, i stripped him and myself, then we flew out into the void holding eachother in our arms.

IS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I DIDNT FUCK UP AND GO INTO THE WRONG MASSDRIVER, INSTEAD WE ENDED UP GETTING SHOT AROUND THE STATION
fml

I've been reading a lot of applications and have been playing a lot more security than usual, and now have a better understanding of what security is about, thanks to Tiresoup in the replies for urging me to understand sec more, if Flourish, or any of the other devs that review this would let me revise or redo my application that would mean a lot, and hopefully I amass a bit more of a following by the time that happens.

I've been reading a lot of applications and have been playing a lot more security than usual, and now have a better understanding of what security is about, thanks to Tiresoup in the replies for urging me to understand sec more, if Flourish, or any of the other devs that review this would let me revise or redo my application that would mean a lot, and hopefully I amass a bit more of a following by the time that happens.

Man this site is really not liking me, hopefully someone reads this reply before deciding to deny or not
+1 for my side, he is a good sec officer and i have never seen him having power trips or not helping the crew when he is sec, also a really good help when he is an AI so i trust him
Can't support this.

Haven't worked alongside Jerry too much. In the few times I have, he wasn't particularly note-worthy.

However there was an instance whereby a Traitor attacked two friends and myself.
I'd taken a lot of gear off of the Traitor, then distributed the gear among the 3 of us.
(This occurred on Goon1.)

Needless to say there was a lot of back and forth, eventually I was arrested.
I explained that I wasn't a traitor, though he did find my bag full of traitor's gear.

I (stupidly) insisted that "I don't take your things and you shouldn't take mine"
To which he replied "It's my job to take these."

Somehow I managed to break my cuffs, disarm and stun down all the officers in security.
Left the Security Gear I'd gathered on the floor for them to recover, explained that I had no quarrel with Security, then escaped out the trash chute with a friend
Throughout all this, I had committed no harm to, nor taken anthing from Jerry.

In spite of this, Jerry again came after me. He managed to capture me again, and simply had me borged.
I concede, I screamed obscenities and resisted up to this point,
I was in a piss-poor mood, trying to have fun with my friends, and had no interest in having my round ended because Sec found Traitor gear in my bag.

To his merit, Jerry acted appropriately for the most part and I cannot recall overly abusive actions or speech he made during all of this,
aside from amazement at the anger and obscenities I was hurling at him.

I do not think such an individual would make fit for a Head of Security.
My belief is not that Jerry is malicious, simply inexperienced.

Cannot support this.
On one hand I don't think you've got nearly enough sec experience at the moment.

On the other hand,

(12-25-2021, 01:25 AM)Chayot Wrote: Can't support this.

Haven't worked alongside Jerry too much. In the few times I have, he wasn't particularly note-worthy.

However there was an instance whereby a Traitor attacked two friends and myself.
I'd taken a lot of gear off of the Traitor, then distributed the gear among the 3 of us.
(This occurred on Goon1.)

Needless to say there was a lot of back and forth, eventually I was arrested.
I explained that I wasn't a traitor, though he did find my bag full of traitor's gear.

I (stupidly) insisted that "I don't take your things and you shouldn't take mine"
To which he replied "It's my job to take these."

Somehow I managed to break my cuffs, disarm and stun down all the officers in security.
Left the Security Gear I'd gathered on the floor for them to recover, explained that I had no quarrel with Security, then escaped out the trash chute with a friend
Throughout all this, I had committed no harm to, nor taken anthing from Jerry.

In spite of this, Jerry again came after me. He managed to capture me again, and simply had me borged.
I concede, I screamed obscenities and resisted up to this point,
I was in a piss-poor mood, trying to have fun with my friends, and had no interest in having my round ended because Sec found Traitor gear in my bag. 

To his merit, Jerry acted appropriately for the most part and I cannot recall overly abusive actions or speech he made during all of this,
aside from amazement at the anger and obscenities I was hurling at him.

I do not think such an individual would make fit for a Head of Security.
My belief is not that Jerry is malicious, simply inexperienced.

Cannot support this.
I see absolutely nothing in here that's remotely disqualifying.
I think Pug does well, also it literally IS his job to take traitor gear. Maybe borging was too far but that's my personal opinion

Sorry, to be clear I think I need to see more of of them before I can find an Ernest +1, but I disagree with what they did there being bad.
I dont remember that situation but when i was jerry i WAS inexperienced, i do disagree with the borging, however i hold my ground on confiscating traitor gear
My post was neither to "Disqualify," nor insist that Jerry acted wrong--I said in my post, "Jerry acted appropriately for the most part."
Yes, It "is" his job to take Traitor gear, he did nothing wrong in that regard. I included "(stupidly)" in my account because yes, it was stupid of me to say. I was quite upset. I did not say that taking traitor gear was wrong. I chose to include that statement in fairness to Jerry in that I was acting Belligerent/unreasonable.

While I do disagree with the borging, as we had the facilities to imprison belligerent crew, and no due cause for an Execution, being as it is that I had neither taken anything from nor harmed Jerry, I do not feel it was warranted. The overall experience contributed to what I would say, was one of the worst rounds I'd had in a while.

However I did feel the need to share an account that would contribute to his application.
Namely in how he didn't abuse a belligerent crewmember who was being disobedient and "assaulting" his team and himself.
Moreover, he did not return my abusive, aggressive speech beyond anything that would've been inappropriate.
While I feel he did act out of anger in the end by having me killed, That would be the only Negative aspect I'd disagree with.

I didn't give a -1, simply said I couldn't support this application.
Saying “Cant support this” then sharing a story intended or not implies that said story is the reason why you cant support them being hos (and therefore said story being a negative example of them as security). Considering you stunned security for trying to confiscate traitor gear from you, trying to escape (or even worse escaping several times before being caught, not enough info to say definitively here), then proceeded to verbally abuse said security, I feel as if you getting borged is justified. You proceeding to frame this story as a negative on there end, and then trying to weasle out of it and claim that the comment was overall positive despite the comment clearly framed to be the opposite of positive (note how only one paragraph out of 8 mentions positive attributes and even then its framed as a mere concession of positive attributes and not positive attributes in themselves) does not look good on your end.
I'm not going to go back and forth with randoms. This is an HoS Application.
If y'all got a problem with me, make the appropriate thread.

I omitted many details that would make myself appear better, and included many details that would make myself appear worse because I intended to be fair and unbiased.
They were not relevant to the application. I'm not here to justify my own actions, simply contribute to the Application.

I do not appreciate words being put into my mouth, nor insinuations being assigned to me.
I mean id prefer an argument in my application then silence any day
I've been sitting out on this app for a while now and I think you don't seem to get the main idea of security.

Security isn't about metas, or tactics, or anything of the sort, its about driving the round, not ending it. While it may seem that way on main, especially with its consistent bullshittery, most Head of Securities understand that the round is far more important than winning.
While what I've stated can be thrown out the window in certain situations, it is far more important to acknowledge that winning isn't everything.

I've seen how you played, you definitely have potential, but you definitely need time on your belt to hone it, take what everything written in this application as notes.
Gonna change my "Neutral" to a -1.

Played today for my first time in a long while.

Find a guy cuffed in disposals. Release him. HoS later wants him arrested, for breaking a Beepsky.
He is arrested by HoS, and presumably handed off to Pug Squire, as I then see Pug holding him. He's cuffed.

Pug Squire takes him into the Brig's Bathroom, Detective in Tow, strips him naked--clothes, headset, ID and all--then runs out of Security with him.

All the while myself, as a random-named player, am reminding you that you cannot take their headset, you cannot strip them naked. and should return their ID.
To which you replied by saying "We're just bullying him," later calling out "Bro those are RP rules." As far as I know it, space-law isn't RP rules.

Under Space Law's Arrest Procedure, points #4 and #5;
> ...Do not remove the suspect's headset unless they're being extremely annoying.
> ...there is little reason to strip them and put them in orange jumpsuits...

Sure, you can claim the reason you took the headset was because they were being annoying.
I did not observe them speaking beyond "please don't take my stuff", things of that nature.
Moreover, if that was truly the reason, it wasn't the reason you gave me at that time.

And Sure, someone can look at the top of space law and bring out how it says:
"Space Law is an in-character set of loose guidelines for playing security...
As a security officer, you are not absolutely beholden to Space Law..."
And Sure, again, as with before, you're "not wrong."
However, in spite of not being "not wrong," it is not conduct I would view as coming from an experienced player, let alone an HoS.

As I know it, he was not an Antag--he isn't listed as one in the post-round results--and as far as I know, his only crime was breaking a beepsky.
Maybe he did kill someone. Maybe he did try to bomb the station. I wouldn't know as you didn't communicate that to me. I only know he broke a Beepsky.
I don't know what you did with him. Needless to say, I didn't see him again for the rest of that round. Maybe I misread the whole situation, maybe I'm wrong.

Again, I do not believe Jerry/Pug Squire is malicious, Simply inexperienced. From what I saw today, woefully inexperienced. -1

I'm not going to go back and forth again with random posters in your thread--if you have a reasonable explanation for what you did, and want to say something, that's your choice. If someone wants to pick apart what I'm saying, that's their choice. Sorry that I'm being so thorough--to the point here it may feel unnecessary or strange--however I feel the need to do so, following the responses to my previous posts in this thread.