HoS Application - Tennke
Usual character name: Max Moore, Old Rocke, Robert Rocke
BYOND username: Tennke
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  Elevenkke
Recommended by (if applicable): OMJ
Goon servers you play: Heisenbee

Reason for application: 
I have been playing on and off for about two and a half years. Having submitted two applications in the past, I figured I should at least give it another shot. As a decently experienced player, I enjoy helping new people whether it be in sec or another department which I frequent. As security I enjoy working in a team, the feeling of getting a distress call and helping someone stop a crimer is something that always feels nice. Being in the role of a leader is something that I have a bit of experience in, and I am a firm believer in leading by example. I always try to treat crimers fairly, generally I won’t go turbo on people doing antag gimmicks that don’t affect other people. Having said all this I think I would be a good fit for the role of HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Started playing security once I got a good grasp of the controls from when I first started playing SS13. Playing security back then really showed me how much I had to learn. Learn I did, from learning the basic taser stunstick combo to processing and searching. A lot of that was taught to me by various HoS’s and knowledgeable people. Having someone that looks out for you when you are inexperienced is very reassuring. Being able to help newer players succeed at a difficult role makes me happy, I’ve seen that when there’s not HoS one or two of the more experienced officers will usually take charge. Security is usually a mixed bag of people all over the experience spectrum, sometimes you're herding cats and other times you’re leading seal team 2.

My Security style tends to be a more passive one, spending more time inside of the brig than most. However, I still roam around the station from time to time. Petty crime is always something fun to deal with. Whether it be just throwing a ticket at someone for littering or zapping someone for breaking into AI. Trying to find a good balance with non-antag crime can be difficult for me, but the general rule of thumb I follow is if I was working for the department that they’re affecting, what would I want? Usually the answer is just telling someone to stop doing whatever it is they’re doing. Always looking out for alerts is a big thing for me. Whether it be a beepsky alert or an officer in trouble, I’m always ready. Crime lurks around every corner, and in every maintenance hall.

With antags I try to be fairly lenient, engaging in conversation first and then deciding what I do from there is my go to. Depending on the person this either ends with an amicable meeting or me pressing the panic button after I get jumped. That’s okay though, because I don’t roll security to be an unstoppable robust-a-tron.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Communication is key, if you don’t know what’s going on, ask. The worst thing that happens is no answer. Keeping in touch with other people’s location’s is also very important. Another big thing, remain calm. Panicking in a bad situation can lead to the bad guy getting away or them turning the tables on you.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Giving security some cooler utility credit options would be much appreciated. Maybe a grenade box or heavy armor would be a really cool option. Giving players more freedom to choose whatever class they want would be a welcome addition.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None
Just realized I forgot to post the picture I made -.-
https://imgur.com/bf5uLDb

[Image: bf5uLDb]
Played alongside Old Rocke a bit.

Good secoff. Communicates often. Responsive, arrives to calls for help. Haven't seen them abuse prisoners or crew. Fair in sentencing.

That said, I haven't seen you enough to confidently endorse you.
Moreoever, I feel you should take the lead more in Security.
Guide the team. Discipline them. Intervene in sentences. Act in behalf of the crew.

Can't support this.

Also, maybe stick to one name? Build up a good reputation to apply with so that crew will recognize you, and speak out on your application.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of positive community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 17 of March. For now, we encourage you to keep playing security roles, and to show that you are a positive presence in your security team!