Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trunk monkey Oppenheimer
You know that monkey in the syndicate battlecruiser that arrives with the nukies named Oppenheimer? Yeah I want that guy to actually help the nukies more than just being a normal monkey by....

• Making his AI not attack syndicate operatives. (Not caring if grabbed or hit, but may flip off the syndicate operative that hurt him.)
  • Making it so that he attacks only non-syndicate operatives (If a monkey/monkey player not caring unless hurt by said monkey to which he responds with violence).
  • Said Oppenheimer's objective to always hurt any non-syndicate operative he sees.
  • Being able to put him in the trunk of a pod by click and dragging him into a pod. The way you get him out is the same with normal pod storage.

And that's practically it, id like Oppenheimer to be more easily portable to the station and helping the team more than a regular monkey would with him also being more consistent in his duties. Other than those just normal monkey AI with robbing whoever he can and sometimes using weapons improperly.

There are still things about him being unable to breath in space but those things can be fixed by attaching a oxygen canister to his back and turning on his internals. When getting to the planting location you'd still have to pull him to the location but overall a much more helpful monkey.
He already attacks people without agent IDs on sight. If you attack him as a nukie that’s on you. Making him easier to load into pods would be neat though.
Honestly adding the ability to throw people in the back end of a pod would make retrieval missions a lot easier. Nothing worse than flying through a z level, seeing a spaced body, realize you don't have a crate, and then making the decision to either help or not help said space cadaver by going way out of your way to find a crate and then come back hoping they haven't rotted to high heaven by the time you return.
You've been able to stuff corpses in cargo holds for ages now.
Huh weird does it work with people near death?
No, only corpses, unfortunately.
Probably where my misconception arose vividly remember trying to get a near dead crew member in my one person pod.

Anyway back to monkey talk....
Yeah, being able to put a living person in a pod that has a free passenger seat would be good. Just click dragging em to the pod or something maybe.

My only concern is how passengers are *kinda* weird in terms of what pod functions they are able to control when designated as a passenger and not a pilot. I suppose it could just an issue for pods to fix, but *I think* it could be easily fixed for oppenheimer by just bypassing the "set pilot" when you push someone into a pod as opposed to going in yourself.
Would be nice if you could somehow pop the trunk and just push things into to pod before slamming it shut again. Like it had a permanently affixed crate/locker.