Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Lizards should be able to eat raw meat without food poisoning.
I think it would be funny. Same with Synthmeat.

Synthmeat though, I think shouldn't give you food poisoning when eaten raw.
And cow's should get food poisoning/vomit from eating meat. Since cows are herbavores.
And when skeletons eat something, it should appear on the floor under them
Should be handled via special lizard and cow stomach or intestine subtypes.
Which leads to great surgery funnies when you start switching species stomachs around
(12-13-2021, 02:40 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: And cow's should get food poisoning/vomit from eating meat. Since cows are herbavores.

Nah, they should get Mad Cow disease
Question is do we mess with additional species digestive systems or only lizard and cow? Can roaches start eating ???? and the other really bad food? What about aquatics do we go real life analogs or their rpg equivalent illithids? Could also consider adding dietary traits like celiac disease, vegan, and strict carnivore.

Of course the other thing to bring up is there enough benefit to justify what could turn into a huge headache of coding and redesign of species traits. I like it personally but I also am a humble non coder.
Remove organ eating for lizards why is that even there?
(12-14-2021, 03:34 PM)Mouse Wrote: Remove organ eating for lizards why is that even there?

Mhm, I support this fully. Mutantraces as a conceptĀ being centered around being "wacky" "goofy" and "quirky" "different" is stupid IMO.
(12-14-2021, 02:38 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Question is do we mess with additional species digestive systems or only lizard and cow? Can roaches start eating ???? and the other really bad food? What about aquatics do we go real life analogs or their rpg equivalent illithids? Could also consider adding dietary traits like celiac disease, vegan, and strict carnivore.

Of course the other thing to bring up is there enough benefit to justify what could turn into a huge headache of coding and redesign of species traits. I like it personally but I also am a humble non coder.

I think it would makes sense for roaches to be completely immune to food poisoning. Maybe other effects that cause vomiting too.

I don't think it would be too hard to code. The hardest part will probably be adding the new flags to food to indicate which cause problems for different mutant races. There is just a lot of food types to parse through. Actually implementing the reaction I expect to be pretty easy. Especially if it is just turning off effects or adding effects implemented elsewhere like food poisoning or the pug's chocolate poisoning.
(12-14-2021, 03:34 PM)Mouse Wrote: Remove organ eating for lizards why is that even there?

Because the person who coded it was really, really into the idea of lizards eating things they shouldn't.

To put it into perspective, the very next thing they tried adding was lizards being able to pick up and swallow ghost critters whole, with detailed descriptions of the critters squirming around in lizardy mouths as they slowly slid down their gullets, scrabbling and squeaking all the way. Fortunately, that one didn't make it in.
Lizards eating organs is fine, it's interesting enough as a mechanic/quirk. Honestly, the weakest link in my opinion is the lore. All the mutantraces are just "uhhh they're humans but with heavy genetic splicing for nonspecific reasons" and it ends there. People talk about wanting to make mutantraces more interesting and more individually distinct, but there's no justification in the setting for why they exist or why they should be distinct rather than just being humans in funny shapes (unless it's yet another thing needlessly buried in azones so goon lore is as inaccessible and irrelevant as possible). This means that basically any features made to diversify mutantraces feel kinda artificial, since it's not based on a lot and creates no feedback loops with the setting's lore.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Maybe the splicing was done to increase human adaptability for NT colonial projects, and lizards were initially pioneered to adapt to a particular arid and rugged environment, leading to their coldbloodedness and the fact they canĀ  'use the whole buffalo' to get the maximum sustenance out of otherwise nutrient-poor fauna.

I'm just entirely spitballing here, but I feel like even something as hastily thought of and improvised as that would go a long way for mutantraces, because a purpose lends itself to more mechanics, and more mechanics lends itself to a more fleshed out purpose. It's that feedback loop I mentioned earlier.

Apologies for the ramble that wasn't really that related to the original post, I just felt like getting my thoughts on mutantraces out since the conversation was sorta drifitng to MR mechanics in general.
Yeah lizard people need to keep being able to eat organs. Why? Because we make the best janitors that's why.
I have no strong feelings on Organ eating being removed for lizards or not. Annyway regarding the actuall subject :

tit for tat, Lizzard get away with quite a bit already in terms of Mutantraces. If they get to eat raw meat without being food poisoned then what, they get sick from eating raw vegetables instead?

literally anyone can eat organs