Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Lizards should be able to eat raw meat without food poisoning.
(12-14-2021, 09:42 PM)Cal Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 03:34 PM)Mouse Wrote: Remove organ eating for lizards why is that even there?

literally anyone can eat organs

Yeh I was confused when reading this, I'm pretty sure any species can eat organs.
(12-14-2021, 09:42 PM)Cal Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 03:34 PM)Mouse Wrote: Remove organ eating for lizards why is that even there?

literally anyone can eat organs

You're absolutely missing the point. For lizards, it's an actual encouraged mechanic, not just eating the organs.
(12-14-2021, 06:12 PM)Roomba Wrote:

Because the person who coded it was really, really into the idea of lizards eating things they shouldn't.

To put it into perspective, the very next thing they tried adding was lizards being able to pick up and swallow ghost critters whole, with detailed descriptions of the critters squirming around in lizardy mouths as they slowly slid down their gullets, scrabbling and squeaking all the way. Fortunately, that one didn't make it in.

That is just parts misrepresented, parts completely untrue, and unnecessarily hostile all the way through.
There were literally dozens of other PRs they made between adding the lizard color change abilities and making the PR for being able to pick up critters.
Being able to eat the critters was only a small part of that PR and there was hardly any of the kind of flavour text you are describing here.
It was rejected for being too big and unatomized a PR, and they made a smaller followup PR with just the picking up part, and a bunch of people came in and started making claims, which is where I assume you took this information from.
I really do not like seeing a person who has contributed loads of amazing features to the codebase as some kind of degenerate person trying to get their fetishes into the codebase here.

I really don't see what makes eating organs such a problem all of a sudden when lizards do it. People do it literally all the time in the game and no one ever complains.
There are loads of jokes like referencing sweeney todd, making food have the name of a person who was gibbed for traitor chefs, joking about people accidentally eating organs when trying to perform surgery.
Suddenly when the carnivorous mutant race does it, everyone is up in arms about it?
(12-15-2021, 06:53 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Suddenly when the carnivorous mutant race does it, everyone is up in arms about it?

they get weird about it on the rp server sometimes, and rp server players tend to be a tad more sensitive than the classic server players

my biggest issue with it is some lizard players in medbay would wordlessly run into the surgery room and eat an organ I had just removed or had replaced and eat it before going back to whatever they were doing, but ive recently seen a human player with an organ eating quirk and nobody seems to give a shit.

anyway this thread is getting derailed by off-topic bullshit, I just want lizards to be able to eat raw steaks off the ground without getting sick. it makes sense.
Lizards eating human organs for points is something we've wanted to change for a while. Decided on it a while ago, but nlbody has done it yet. We were gonna change it to a new bug-critter based mechanic, but that's kinda hard to do right.

What I wanted to do as a stopgap change lately, it make lizards get points ONLY from monkey organs, that is NPC monkeys, make sure that the organ donor has no mind. Gotta add a new monkey organ type, even though monkey organs will look identical to human organs.

Nothing wrong with eating npc monkeys after all, the chef has been serving monkey brains for years!
I'll be honest lizards eating critters is like seven times worse than what we have now imo.
yeah if you think people using lizards eating organs to Be Weird is bad, making it critters is gonna give them grounds to be 100 times Weirder about it

honestly I kinda like that lizards get some worth out of eating organs, it's fun to call your lizard coworkers over to a surgery machine artifact that you've used and just let them go to town. could be helpful to have them do the same for butchered excess radstorm corpses or dead chickens after a Ranch Accident
To elaborate a bit more I think -what- races can eat can help them be a little more unique smile

cows getting extra buffs from veggies for example might encourage more cow botanists and ranchers, which would be cute

lizards obviously skulking around medbay for organs (i see humans vaccuum them up on main all the time lol)

roaches eating food that would make them sick might instead not affect them?
(12-15-2021, 11:44 AM)Cal Wrote: roaches eating food that would make them sick might instead not affect them?

High Sugar Foods
Lmao immunity to pancreatitis would be hilarious