Poll: fuk
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#wow
30.14%
22 30.14%
#whoa
69.86%
51 69.86%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a big hot mess of ss13 chemfacts
Darth Various Wrote:Would it be terrible of me to put this on the wiki? Tonight, if I'm not beaten to it.

I'm a bad bad man.
Thanks for setting that up! Definitely a lot more legible that way.
A superfun thing to do is inject random chemicals and see if you die.

For instance the Formaldehyde is a pretty fun designer drug, because nobody actually uses it for it's actual purpose that I know of.

Just inject it and run around itching yourself to death unless someone injects antitoxin into you.

Also I wonder how frowned upon it would be for a clown to start an itching powder gimmick where they make itchy patches and start slapping people with them. (preferably dosed so that it doesn't kill them, just makes it hilariously in convenient)

I feel like this list could be used for more creative traitoring, or some hilarious pranks.

Also now that I know what morphine does besides not being called sleep toxin, maybe I can use it as a doctor for things. Namely curing Coffee Jitters.
I like the fact that this now allows me to make the fun chems I once knew how to make but could not due to being unable to figure out the prerequisite chems.
atomic1fire Wrote:For instance the Formaldehyde is a pretty fun designer drug, because nobody actually uses it for it's actual purpose that I know of.

Time for a fun story. One time as a chemist I was horribly burned and poisoned (not of my own doing for once). With seconds to think, and not enough time to make epi, silver sulfadiazine, and charcoal, I quickly whipped up some Formaldehyde and injected it into myself. It killed me, yes, but it preserved my corpse and allowed me to get cloned when my body was found much later.

And that kids is why Formaldehyde, and it's recipe, are important.
saltpetre is still a mystery for me (well I didnt try the french method yet)
If anyone wants a laugh, I drew a lot of inspiration from this book while I was revising all the chemistry and medical recipes a few months ago:

http://books.google.com/books?id=KGgPAA ... &q&f=false

A Compend of Materia Medica, Therapeutics, and Prescription Writing with Especial Reference to the Physiological Actions of Drugs - Potter, 1906

If anyone wants to skim that and suggest other stuff, go right ahead, but keep in mind that the chemistry reagents file is getting pretty enormous.
I'm not sure if anyone has said this or not but we goofs really appreciate what you admins do to make this game better!

EDIT: I THINK POSTING DUMB IMAGES ARE FUNNY AND WITTY. I HAVE A VERY LOW STANDARD OF COMEDY.
Can somebody sticky this?
Also ultra chemistry fun time

Take reagents and try to make other designer drugs out of them. I once mixed formaldehyde, coffee, hot chocolate, water, and chicken noodle soup and made a designer drug that caused me to itch and have an awful coffee addiction.

The more things you can mix with different but funny effects the better.
atomic1fire Wrote:Also ultra chemistry fun time

Take reagents and try to make other designer drugs out of them. I once mixed formaldehyde, coffee, hot chocolate, water, and chicken noodle soup and made a designer drug that caused me to itch and have an awful coffee addiction.

The more things you can mix with different but funny effects the better.
I mixed Venom, Sweedium, Psilocybin, Capsaicin, and some THC together, made "Swedish Spice".
Rob Stark Wrote:EDIT: I THINK POSTING DUMB IMAGES ARE FUNNY AND WITTY. I HAVE A VERY LOW STANDARD OF COMEDY.

Thanks!
I suggest stickying this?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I suggest stickying this?

Is it necessary? All of this was put on the wiki
Sundance Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I suggest stickying this?

Is it necessary? All of this was put on the wiki
Didn't realize that, but either way, couldn't hurt could it?