Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humans and Nonhumans
This does touch on something I've wondered. Until recently I thought being human only mattered for the AI and borgs, but it seems it's okay for anyone to kill non-humans? If that's true, maybe the Rules page should say so. Gee.
Lizards are humanOIDs. Not human, humanoid. Not the same thing.
For an AI or borg that has been specifically told to kill non-humans, sure thats fine I guess, but other than that you can't just murder them. same way you can't murder borgs for zero reasoning just because they're non-human.
Darth Various Wrote:This does touch on something I've wondered. Until recently I thought being human only mattered for the AI and borgs, but it seems it's okay for anyone to kill non-humans? If that's true, maybe the Rules page should say so. Gee.

It matters to the AI because it straight up says so in the game, but in general you shouldn't be killing anything that is obviously player controlled when it isn't killing you.
Speaking from an arr-pee perspective, I don't think a lizard who for all intents and purposes is a friendly scientist on a research station is going to be seen as an untermenschen by his colleagues worthy of death. Likewise a super-smart chimp (or human mutated into a chimp) is probably not going to be killed just because it's not a human. As for cluwnes turned into such by wizards and whatnot, they were turned into a parody of a human being by (insert bad guy), doesn't mean they get hunted down and killed, but instead treated somehow.

So yeah only AI needs to care about this.

Admin-created cluwnes pretty much void any arr-pee logic though, just like being exploded by admin command.
Darth Various Wrote:This does touch on something I've wondered. Until recently I thought being human only mattered for the AI and borgs, but it seems it's okay for anyone to kill non-humans? If that's true, maybe the Rules page should say so. Gee.
I'm pretty sure that it's NOT okay for anyone to kill non-humans and that the human/nonhuman distinction only matters for the AI and borgs. I have no idea why people seem to think otherwise.
ClockworkCupcake Wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it's NOT okay for anyone to kill non-humans and that the human/nonhuman distinction only matters for the AI and borgs. I have no idea why people seem to think otherwise.
You can not kill people just because they're non-human (a lizard, for example).

Monkeys are free game for changeling-impersonating reasons.
Conor12 Wrote:
ClockworkCupcake Wrote:

What about cluwnes? It's been a long standing tradition to kill cluwnes. I mean that's the point of the cluwne spell. A wizard picks that spell to fuck someone over royally not just inconvience them. If I wanted to inconvience them I would just fucking use warp on them instead.
Conor12 Wrote:
ClockworkCupcake Wrote:

What about cluwnes? It's been a long standing tradition to kill cluwnes. I mean that's the point of the cluwne spell. A wizard picks that spell to fuck someone over royally not just inconvience them. If I wanted to inconvience them I would just fucking use warp on them instead.
Quote:What about cluwnes? It's been a long standing tradition to kill cluwnes. I mean that's the point of the cluwne spell. A wizard picks that spell to fuck someone over royally not just inconvience them. If I wanted to inconvience them I would just fucking use warp on them instead.

Cluwning someone:
A) Strips them of all their clothing and replaces it with clown clothing. They can't wear internals and are constantly tripping and stunning themselves.
B) Mutes them, and makes them retarded, so they can't speak or operate any computers.

Warping
A) Displaces them. You might end up in space, might. Nothing more.

Being a cluwne is already a massive inconvenience without the crew trying to kill you.
That said IC I often regard Cluwnes as second class citizens in a way, and most people do the same. Not alot of people would go out of their way to save a cluwne, maybe if it was a head of sorts. But to say it's a long standing tradition to disrespect cluwnes, not outright murder them.

A admin cluwne is often met with a centcom update, or a that text-to-speech thingy where they say "Get the clown", to clarify that the cluwne is admin-spawned because the player was acting shit. Even then it's not often unless implicitly stated that the cluwne is killed.
Klayboxx Wrote:but in general you shouldn't be killing anything that is obviously player controlled when it isn't killing you.

This is all anyone needs to know.

It is made abundantly obvious when a player is considered free game by admins and hardly needs debating. Cluwnes are player controlled therefore don't murder them unless you're cloning them, don't kill monkeys unless you know there is a changling around, don't kill lizards to be a dick, etc etc e t c