Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Personnel Equipment Manufacturer needs more stuff it can print
First thing first this is the manufacturer that can be found near customs and are used by the hop
the current things it has:
Print id cards
print acess implant
implanter

What I think it also needs to print:
radio headsets
pdas
PDAs arent too expensive from vending machines and there's usually a box of em somewhere near the HoP's office they can use, but I can agree that producing headsets would be great. They can be found in personnel lockers as well, but standard radio headsets are benign enough that I wouldn't mind the HoP being able to print them for the occasional naked clone or whoever, just for convenience's sake.

That being said, it should only be able to print the generic radio headset. Job headsets can be usually obtained from lockers or elsewhere within their department; allowing them to be printed would devalue the security of department channels. If someone wants to hear X channel, they should have to break into that department's locker or kill a worker in that department, not just waltz into customs and print one off.
Maybe HOP could have Job tokens they can print out. Stick a machine in a department heads office that they can stick the coin into and get a box of all the starting equipment they'd need.

HoP give them a token, they take it to the head, the head sticks it in the machine and gives the new hire their gear box
I think there was a PR that did something like that awhile back? or something quite close?