Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Tracking Implant - Remove Teleportation Target
(12-16-2021, 11:49 AM)AlyasGrey Wrote: We have this discussion like once every couple of months.

If it's a rev round and sec is running around trying to get next to you, it should be pretty clear what they intend. So don't let them get next to you and you'll be fine. As far as mindslaves go, the only times I've generally gotten mindslaved I was already suspicious of that person for doing something like walking towards me during a weirdly unprompted conversation. Same reason I'd be suspicious that someone may be a changeling.

I'll also say what I've said every other time... if you add an action bar that requires you stun someone in order to finish an implant you're defeating a lot of the purpose of them. The person you stunned, as a non-sec officer, isn't going to know that they aren't in the process of getting murdered so they're going to use the radio. And since flashes are the go-to for downing people as a random crewmember you're going to only increase the value of eye protection. So get ready for even more crew wandering around in welding masks for no good reason beyond flash protection.

And now that everyone worth mindslaving has welding masks on every single round we've also increased the value of stun batons. Which changes even more things. You've increased the relative power of people with all access since they can very easily order and open sec crates from QM to snag those precious batons. Captain and HOP traitors move even higher on the power curve while increasing the value of the Captain's spare. Beyond that you've likely also discouraged non-traitor HOPs from providing certain access upgrades or promoting crew to security during emergencies while minimal sec is on station.

And I'm sure everything I just said is only the tip of the balance iceberg.

Pretty much this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tracking Implant - Remove Teleportation Target - by RichardGere - 12-16-2021, 11:59 AM