ILoveMyBonk HoS Application (Happy Kaos / Baiken Yamamoto)
(12-13-2021, 07:29 AM)BotchKing Wrote: I have played only one thing with you, I think, but it stood out to me so I'll be writing something, with constructive criticism in mind.
To give a bit of context, that round I was a captain. I started the round getting a cool hat from a random gift on the floor, so IC I decided to use my captain locker to collect gifts around the station. I told people not to open them because I was playing a selfish bastard who obviously wanted to collect them all for himself. This led to Santa confronting me and I announced I would cancel Christmas.
I thought it would be a funny and engaging situation for the crew, who were obviously pretty mad about it. It would either end in the crew succeeding in taking me down and save christmas, or me doing a grinch-like turnaround.
Why am I saying all of this? Well then I went in security to make sure I had a middle ground, a spot where I could explain myself to the crew without being instantly mobbed. You were there, along with other officers and you tried to block my attempts of talking to the crew, instead saying you had to take the tough decision of arresting me and saving christmas yourself, despite other officers being clearly on my side.
To me, that felt, well. a bit of a shut-down for a gimmick that could have been fun if the crew had a chance to interact with it. The crew really couldn't since you took the decision of being some kind of christmas hero for stopping someone hoarding ultimately worthless gifts.

I appreciate that you are able to make tough decision, but taking down the captain on RP is kind of a big thing, which is usually decided with the heads or at least the other officers. What bothers me is that you didn't take time to discuss the situation with other officers, or if you did it was to the extent of them not caring about me and you saying "Are you crazy? He's obviously evil, he wants to stop christmas!".
To put some perspective, later that round I spoke to the other officers before demoting you, which is why they knew not to interfere when I did. It made things run more smoothly than the arrest you made on me.
The whole situation felt bad, since you cryoed right after and it felt like everyone ended up frustrated, which is usually the case when something big gets shut down with no good payoff.

Security's job is to protect the crew and maintain productivity. They're not the "good guys" and if their superior (ie the Captain) take any action in a way that does not infringe on their mandate, then they SHOULDN'T stop them from doing it.

I cannot speak for your other qualities, as this was the only memorable round I've had with you, but I'd be worried of you shutting down harmless gimmicks with HOS powers in order to be the station's hero.

I'll have to -1 this for now.
I apologize for ruining the rp. I was only thinking with what I thought the right thing was to do in that situation and it was that. I shouldn't of been so headstrong. I should of let things play out and cooperate with my security comrades. Also, it was totally on me for cryoing after the end of that, I should of toughed out the rest of the shift. I understand your -1 and I'll take it with no arguement.

(12-13-2021, 10:30 AM)AlyasGrey Wrote: I actually thought you were joking yesterday with the "Vote for ILoveMyBonk as HOS" stuff.

I feel like I should elaborate on my prior response, anyone who canvasses automatically gets a -1 from me.

I didn't think there would be any harm in getting my name out there at the end of the round, especially because I was playing on a character I didn't list on the header of my application. However, with you making it clear that this sort of behavior is unacceptable, I apologize for doing so and will never do it again. My actions and conduct should be enough of an advertisement for my application anyways, not my direct words. I won't argue with your -1.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ILoveMyBonk HoS Application (Happy Kaos / Baiken Yamamoto) - by ILoveMyBonk - 12-13-2021, 01:01 PM