Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Radio Show Host Traitor Weapons
Hey folks - I was told from the Discord that I should post on here for greater visibility

These are some ideas for T-Items that the Radio Show Host and Comms. Officer could buy since I was surprised they had none:

Record Flayer - This weapon has two uses based on intent.
Harm and Help use a buzzsaw like melee attack that deals brute, makes a mess, and can rarely remove limbs.
Disarm and Grab use a medium ranged attack that deals brute.
The Record Flayer must be loaded with any Record.
The more times a Record has been played over the Radio this round, the more damage that particular record will do.
When a record is shot in the ranged mode it has a chance to shatter and become useless if it hits a hard surface (like a wall or Borg).

Pinpoint Frequency Jammer - This item acts similar to a Solar Flare, however it has several notable differences.
It only affects one channel (that you pick). Custom channels cannot be picked.
You cannot use the same channel twice in a row.
When your channel is affected by this, you can see your outgoing messages, but not your incoming ones on that channel.

Mix Tape - This mix is literally fire, yo; playing this in the Tape Deck will play a random Tape's audio file. When the tape finishes, any radio headsets (worn or otherwise) have a chance (possibly scaled with player count), to cause the tile they are on, to catch fire.

Vocal Transmogrifyer - Looks identical to your default Headset, but when examined says "Has a strange looking microphone attached." When activated, this lets you select from all players on the starting manifest. For a short time, you can speak on any frequency using that person's name and respective radio icon. The person you select will be unable to see these messages.

Boom Box - Looks like an ordinary cardboard box. When opened will cause a deafaning/disorenting effect on anyone within range.
The boombox was originally gonna look like a stereo, but i dont think SS13 has those so...

Anyway these were more just musings from a car-ride home from work, but I'd love to see the Talk Show Host get some unique items given their spin of having total comms access.

Messages In This Thread
Radio Show Host Traitor Weapons - by Geonightman - 12-01-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Radio Show Host Traitor Weapons - by Tribaja - 12-04-2021, 12:13 AM