Nut - Head of Security Application
Quote:”JOHN, I AM IMPRESSED BY YOUR ABILITY TO DIE!”
-Unknown
Usual character name: John Nut
BYOND username: TheLegendNut
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Nut#9652
Recommended by (if applicable): (don’t remember the name)
Goon servers you play: Both Goonstation RP servers.

Reason for application: To put it bluntly, Sometimes, you arrive to a shift with a full load of officers, but no HoS. Sometimes- everything is well, all good and dandy. Other times- it is a disorganized mess with no communication. I want to atleast try to help

Security experience (300 word minimum)I’ve been playing SS13 for a fat minute, started in goon somewhere around 2020, played a little here and there, I’ve explored a bunch of different servers, looked about, felt around. Even going as far as to play HoS on a HRP server- and none of it felt quite the same as goon, in a way. Regardless, I’ve been trying to improve my play no matter how long I’ve played. I’ve done pretty decent so far, I’m not the best by far and I certainly hope I’m not the worst. And I’ve hit a few road bumps here and there, dealt with a fair share of not so great people. Security is just a role I enjoy more than others, despite all these setbacks. Goon security has a different mentality than other servers- one which I had to yet again adapt to upon the return from a hiatus awhile back, but now I do feel I’m ready to pick up the boots and try my hand.

Anyways, with that out of the way, things I’ve noticed from my security experiences would likely be how different each encounter could be- how you’ll need to mold into each encounter to atleast attempt to understand what the other person wants. Behind that screen is someone playing a character- writing their own story that round for them, and like any good story- just straight up shooting any conflict whatsoever isn’t fun at all, and it’s more fun to try to interact with your opponents, understand where their problems lie. Eventually- the conflict may reach a breaking point, or they’ll resolve it peacefully. Either way, it’s more fun for everyone to try to play into their gimmick. (If their gimmick isn’t awful. I’m looking at you, lube clown.)

Regardless- Security is just the role I feel most comfortable in, and I absolutely feel I’m ready to be a moderately decent Head of Security.

Answer two or more of the following: 
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
For starters, my own advice would be to keep your spirits up and take nothing folks say or do personally. Remember, how you feel can affect how you act- if you’re very angry or upset at a person, it may make you act irrationally, so when you need to- take a deep breath, have a cookie, and relax. Also- show your badge more!!! You’re the one role who starts with a cool badge!
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
When I’m on a full team, I tend to try to interact more, I have more leeway to patrol and we have more room to split up and work on several issues rather than running around like a headless chicken, but I try my best to keep communicating to keep others updated on my own situation, what I’ve found, ETC.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

“You really aren’t the John I know. The John I know is dead.”

-Avery Gray

Subtle words, uttered through the hallways struck his ears and mind.
They struck him dearly, for he’d known he’d come back.
For what purpose, he wondered? To finish what he started? 
To ensnare his own mind into the other, contained with the screaming and the damned once more?

No, it seems as if they seek naught but forgiveness, as John long ago did.
A mistake that paid him dearly, tormenting his mind and soul for a long distant time. 
John hadn’t known what he was then, and they’d known the same. The unknown drove fear-
deep into the roots of their core, like a knife plunging through the ribcage of a surgeon.

If only they’d known, at the time of the incident, that those who understood were few.
Like old, expired glue, John had failed to hold the crew together, or rather, back.
Be rid of the unknown, or they be rid of them, they thought. 
John knew the many, and the many knew him. 

The unknown thought naught of this, sighting his allegiance was with them.
A misunderstanding- for he understood. How he’d tried and tried, to let the others understand.
Yet the misunderstanding saw to his end, out of fear for themselves, the unknown struck.
From behind- with a sting, he’d uttered the phrase.

“I thought we were friends, John.”

And that, they had been, if only for a short time. Yet reunited, they stand again.

They came back to him, after naught months, but years.
After the time, and torment, John had forgiven the Unknown- yet not himself.
Like old men at arms of an ended civil war, they had met in the middle.
Reminiscing about Voices In The Past.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have not had any bans, but I’ve had some notes from near when I began playing. I had no idea what i was doing entirely then.

Messages In This Thread
Nut - Head of Security Application - by Nut - 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: Nut - Head of Security Application - by Cal - 12-12-2021, 07:50 PM
RE: Nut - Head of Security Application - by Nut - 12-13-2021, 01:24 PM