Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
[CLOSED PR] Regular lube slides instead of throwing
Will this less harmful space lube still have a limited duration? or will it last longer? is there any plans to make it appear diffrent from organic superlube?
(11-29-2021, 09:19 AM)McDougie Wrote: It looks really fun but spacelube is kind of meant to be annoying.

Just look at it from a clowns perspective, your happily running from a small army of sec officers with their batons out. You splash some lube behind you and suddenly all the officers are accelerated catching up to you batons out and ready.

Its no longer a tool to catch out someone chasing you, its now something you would splash ahead of yourself to catch up to someone.

I think this should be a 'stable lube' or something - a variant you can create. Or atleast make sliding into a vending machines still work and cause people to drop held items. Also glass tables need to still be dangerous.

What happens if you enter a cloud of it when already slipped? Like if a mech grav component or staffy yeeted you? What happens if you slip into space? Do you correctly get yeeted? Can you fill a flamer with the stuff and like paint a path ahead of you all the way across horizon? What happens if you drink it?

I already want to build a newlube skating arena but it needs some downsides to replace currentlube.

Some good points made here. I definitely worry it would be abused for speeding yourself up, I'd certainly suggest adding a stun status or something similar while moving from the lube so you can't abuse it to fly around shooting people or to catch up and hit people mid-slide.
Trying to change directions while sliding now has a chance to make you fall over.
Cleanbot mobcritters and emagged cleanbots now use the organic superlube.
Also regular lube now lasts longer.