Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give the pda manifest app to the security personel
as of now only hos has it
It simply makes my job easier
lets give you some scenarios:
1)you find an an murdered guy with the only prints belonging to some latex
you could either a) check every doc prints
                        b) look through the whole sec records not knowing which one of them is a doctor and will take you some time
                        c) use the manifest  app to check for doctors then look up their names in the sec records and cross examine the partials to see if they match taking you less time than a or b
2)corpse with black gloves prints on it:you can go around and see the Detective, botanist qm and miner prints willy nilly or
use the manifest app and see who you got left to scan
"I scanned all of botany and the miners, there is no detective, and theres 3 qms and only 1 is doing their job hmm"

either give sec the manifest app or integrate it with security records so I can do my job a little easier.
Hop and captain also have it. You can also print off a paper copy at the id computers on station (without an id card, iirc)
I like the suggestion of letting the security computer output records of players by job or department. That seems like something it should really have.

(And if sec records don't show jobs right now then they should. That is info that sec would definitely have lore wize)
(11-24-2021, 09:19 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: I like the suggestion of letting the security computer output records of players by job or department. That seems like something it should really have.

(And if sec records don't show jobs right now then they should. That is info that sec would definitely have lore wize)

Sec records do show jobs. In fact, it's the only place jobs are recorded, and what manifests are generated using.
(11-24-2021, 09:31 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 09:19 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: I like the suggestion of letting the security computer output records of players by job or department. That seems like something it should really have.

Sec records do show jobs. In fact, it's the only place jobs are recorded, and what manifests are generated using.

Simian lied to me then. I shoulda believed in myself harder and disbelieved in him harder than that. Next time...
they do show jobs but you have acess each individual to see their job
I wish to see (2digit id,worthless code,farty Mcstaffie, Staff Assistant)
SecTrak (and MedTrak) now let people search by rank (job) too. Also expanded to support multiple matches better and now support searching by partial matches.