Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ideas to make vampires less underpowered
Yeh, reading some of the replies on here I don't think vampires are necessarily 'underpowered' it's more like a bit of missed potential and some clunkiness that should be ironed out.

Chayot's suggestion for an alert button would be a great addition as a baseline ability and should be part of their kit for sure.

Also, thralls should never be hypotensive, period. I did really like RGB's suggestion that they have a separate blood pool from bodies, I think that's a fantastic way to encourage more teamplay since currently the more thralls you have, the more competition there is for blood and it ends up screwing over the vampire themselves, which is obviously super dumb. The current blood sharing system is a huge reason thralls go solo and should definitely be changed, teamwork-based antagonists should not cannibalise the resources of allies. In addition, thralls and vampires should have icons so they can see who is in their group, I have no idea why this isn't in the game currently, nobody enjoys accidental friendly-fire or murdering allies due to not knowing who's on your team.

In my opinion, changes that should definitely be added for quality of life:

1. Alert button to thralls from the vampire, like the sec alert from PDAs.

2. Fix thralls being hypotensive, I'm assuming this is a bug.

3. Individual thralls and vampires should have separate blood pools to drink from with their victims so they don't steal resources from each other, thralls could have smaller blood pools to drink from to balance this. Thralls drink blood more slowly than vampires, the blood pool adjustment could be made so that the time it takes for both to finish drinking a body would be equal, meaning the vamp doesn't have to wait like a whole minute for the thrall to catch up drinking so they can enthrall the body.

4. Thralls and vampires in the same 'group' should have icons to make identification and coordination much easier.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas to make vampires less underpowered - by Nidabutt - 11-27-2021, 03:02 AM