Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ideas to make vampires less underpowered
As a seasoned vampire player let me throw a few things out there.

Being able to summon your thralls would be very useful, but is impossible to balance. I routinely gain like 10 thralls a shift. Sure some of them are unrobust, but just getting a few willing folks to teleport to you and to start bashing every person in sight would be a massive clusterfuck of balance. There is also of course the fact that vampire and thralls have absolutely no way to know who is who, because unlike the syndicate, we don't get a hud ID to show master vampire and thralls.

Glare going through glasses is... interesting but also I wouldn't make it stun. Goon does hard drop of equipment if you fall prone, this would basically means you see a security officer pull out a baton on you and you can, even if its a microstun, make them drop their baton instantly. Maybe if glare goes through glasses it disorients for 10s? Yeah I'd 100% go with that.

Making the screech better would be interesting. Its a very niche ability. You either use it when you're swamped so that you can scream, disorient folks and then run away. Or you use it in a fight when someone pulls out equipment so that you can cause them to drop their weapon, disorient themselves, and then they are vulnerable.

Bat form is literally their bread and butter top tier ability, buffing base batform is a no. Buff MkII to go through doors as a squeeze would be a 100% yes though.

Stun cancel is OP. regardless of what negatives could be put on it.

Coffin escape is literally only useful to meme on people by abusing the fact that vampire instantly revives in a coffin. Get hurt, coffin escape on the literal same tile you're on, succumb in coffin, step out of it at full health and prepare to bash folks in the face again with no negatives. (I think its literally admin heal levels of healing.)

Vampire shouldn't need the blood buff, Vampire should just literally not take oxy damage and they should be cold immune. Sadly I've spoken this over with folks already and the baseline is, is that vampires are aliens and they aren't immune to space.

Thralls should 100% absolutely not go hypotensive, its so dumb. Thralls should honestly get maul/consume and not bite, like the vampire. They shouldn't take the blood from the vampires meal, and should instead be eating people for their blood instead. It would also help the vampire with actually killing down individuals.

As it stands, once a vampire gets Bat Form, they are a top tier glass cannon. You can open a door and instantly meme the fuck out of the most powerful vampire instantly and they might have absolutely no chance to stop you. The Chaplain is also 100% immune to the vampire and can exploit all their vulnerabilities. And you can't even thrall the Chaplain, it brings them back to life as normal so that they can keep killing you. You can also BECOME a Chaplain via dumb bullshit and now you can have a mega valid hunter after you who is 100% immune to you. I honestly hate this, because I absolutely try to never use security equipment as a changeling or vampire, because I feel like they should be able to use the tools they are given to deal with the station. They cannot when it comes to the Chaplain. You just have to hope you have some robust thralls (Or meta and kill the robust players to thrall them, because thats so fuckin fun.)

Vamp is in a weird place, and I want to see how this thread goes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas to make vampires less underpowered - by RGBDeadSilent - 11-27-2021, 01:10 AM