Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove random emotes or at least have a way to disable them
so randomly in game your given character may pick their nose or burp without the player input, this stuff is kinda annoying on rp and I wish it was removed
If I wanted to burp I would burp
If I wanted to pick my nose, I would pick my nose
I dont want a random chance to do that randomly, it really is immersion breaking
I haven't thought about this much, but yeah, agree.
It's annoyed me on occasion, but it's just infrequent enough that I forget to complain about it.

Isn't even realistic, who just randomly burps when having eaten nothing? And some foods already give effects to make you emote randomly.
Never really given too much thought to this personally, but I'd be down for this change for at least some emotes, but not all. Burping and Nose Picking should be removed from the random pool because they're pretty damn gross and most times it just makes rather serious moments a tad awkward. A few should stay, however. I believe sneezing is part of the random emote pool, and I'd like to keep it for stupid reasons that I personally find funny, such as having five people say, "bless you" during a hostage situation.
Any time I pick my nose I thought "hey huh do I have brain damage" because I wouldn't expect to just randomly be gross with no input of my own, and I remembered on other codebases picking your nose was often an indicator your brain is hurty.

Keep sneezing in though, stuff that anyone can reasonably do on random is very neat and I like the hostage situation example Wrench brought up.
I like drooling being in the random pool too as it freaks people out about lings.
not all emotes removed, just the ones that feel out of place like pick nose and burp, and I do find the sneeze random emote funny
(11-24-2021, 06:28 AM)Ikea Wrote: I like drooling being in the random pool too as it freaks people out about lings.

Drooling still makes you look like an idiot so I'd rather it be removed lol
Drooling is intentionally in there FOR ling scares
For RP, I could imagine tying them to things like hunger or hygiene (High Hunger makes you drool around food, low hygiene pick nose)
I think tying them to hunger and hygiene would be best with the more awkward random emotes, I tend to get so invested in the game I forget to check my bars so using the emotes to encourage people on keeping an eye on it would be cool! Making it something to avoid rather than removing outright
(11-26-2021, 03:28 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: For RP, I could imagine tying them to things like hunger or hygiene (High Hunger makes you drool around food, low hygiene pick nose)

that would give me an reason to shower
Could be neat! Probably better than the random "wow it smells like a boars butt-shampoo in here" or whatever. (Do we still have those?)
I remember we had a complaint thread about those a while back, so this would be killing two birds with one stone!
Tying it to hygiene is a great idea. Gives a reason to keep up with hygiene (not looking like an idiot) while not being punishing in an annoying, material way (for those wiling to accept looking stupid) and gives those who concern themselves with being sanitary a way to avoid being a nose-picking gremlin.
Huh. Yeah randomly doing emotes sounds weird. I would have wondered if my character got brain damage or sick or an admin was fucking with me if they started doing random emotes.