Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bartenders should be able to *twirl containers without spilling the contents.
As per title!
As of right now drop whatever contents you have in a beaker or bottle onto the floor, but what if you let the bartenders live out their wildest dreams of being a world renowned (or at least locally talked about) mixologist!

I don't think it would impact gameplay in any meaningfull way and it would be a nice little addition to give your bartending skills some extra flair.

Bartenders Right Now :

[Image: kl6uPgY.png]
Sad, Pathetic, Spilled his drink all over the place, cannot Twirl their container, regularly uses his riot shotgun to get troublemakers out the bar.

Bartenders when they can Twirl their Containers :

[Image: WM9Gdjz.png]
Amazing, Makes many cool drinks, Hasn't spilled any of them, can twirl his containers like a real boss, uses his sheer Robustness to intimidate troublemakers out the bar.

Thus conclude my arguements for why Bartenders should be able to *twirl their containers without spilling.
I feel like this would have been good for the meme contest,
any how i like the idea.
This sound great and I am very willing to submit a PR for it, but maybe prior to that we should brainstorm - is there some reason where being unable to empty a container via twirling would be a detriment to the bartending person? Something you can't do via just clicking the container on the tile below yourself?
Twirl makes it way easier and quicker to dump chems, especially multiple containers of them. Ctrl+up on the command bar plus enter requires less precision clicking than dumping on the floor and is easier than right click -> interact on a floor that is covered up. It's not can-do vs. can't do, as far as I know, just a convenience thing.
Could make it a different emote, like a juggle emote but time-limited and only works on drinking containers, restricted to bar tenders.
(11-22-2021, 12:15 AM)saccharineChampion Wrote: Twirl makes it way easier and quicker to dump chems, especially multiple containers of them. Ctrl+up on the command bar plus enter requires less precision clicking than dumping on the floor and is easier than right click -> interact on a floor that is covered up. It's not can-do vs. can't do, as far as I know, just a convenience thing.

First time I hear of using *twirl to empty containers. Why not just make a *dump command at that point?
Usually I'll find a window and click it to dump everything. Loose items on the ground or doors work too.
Some kind of juggle like skill where while you're twirling drinks you can pour the contents of everything that is being twirled into things you click

So, you could mass produce drinks by filling out pitchers, juggling them, and clicking glasses to mix them directly into it
(11-22-2021, 09:51 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Some kind of juggle like skill where while you're twirling drinks you can pour the contents of everything that is being twirled into things you click

So, you could mass produce drinks by filling out pitchers, juggling them, and clicking glasses to mix them directly into it

Holy shit that sounds amazing, I really want this now
(11-22-2021, 09:51 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Some kind of juggle like skill where while you're twirling drinks you can pour the contents of everything that is being twirled into things you click

Woof! Now we're talking.
MOPSY would welcome his new clown adjacent brothers in Jugglemancy.
The best suggestion ever put on this forum right here, folks.
PR this yesterday!
I liked this idea so i made it. https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/9587

Clowns can already juggle containers with liquids in them.... this is no exception. Put it in.