Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerf or remove Booster Enzyme
it should definitely be more of a means to administer more than 5u of beneficial chems in a single syringe jab, ATM it's a fire and forget 'take 90 units, be on every drug forever'. i think uncapping overdoses with it makes sense - the different chem depletion rates and OD thresholds make it a lot harder to plan for taking a booster pill before your previous one has entirely expired.
I personally think the biggest issue with booster enzyme isn't It's effect, I'd say the recipee is the worst part.
Take Initropidril for exemple, if initro was obtainable as easily as booster enzyme currently is, you'd see the chem being mass produced much more frequently because of how powerful it is, tho It's actually hard to make so that doesn't happen.
Right now the only hard part to booster enzyme recipee is figuring it. Otherwise the reagents it needs really aren't hard to get even under 5mins, thats why I feel like, booster enzyme really should get a recipee change for it to be balanced, otherwise a nerf of It's effects would also work.
Remove recipe, make it only obtainable from blooming lashers. If you want to nerf it even further, make it Lasher dominant only (like coffee and old garlic). The chem recipe is way too easy and spammable, like most of the chem shit thanks to how ridiculous chem dispensers are.
(although if you make it botany only, could you please remove the poo it adds to your system?)

(11-19-2021, 03:43 PM)Ahzoh Wrote: Anything but changing the recipe, I don't want yet another chem require 40-60 minutes to make for very little payoff.

Skilled botanist can make booster in 10-20 mins. Powerful chems like that should be time gated, imo.
Lots of interesting takes on this issue from different people, I'll throw my own idea in.

Security should be the ones dealing with antagonists usually, antagonists being the ones most likely to abuse this chemical the most. So, what does security use? Batons and tasers, electricity. Perhaps stuns electric tools such as batons, defibs, etc... or being zapped by electricity from, for example, an electrified door could immediately remove booster enzyme from your system, combo'ed with extremely debilitating withdrawal symptoms (such as slowing, falling unconscious, flushing healing chems, etc...) that immediately take effect to prevent them from simply running away at full speed and re-injecting.

Alternatively as some people have suggested removing the safety cap could perhaps work, forcing the user to flush themself of chems and have to reset their chem levels before being able to continue rampaging, which would make it harder to use properly and require good management on the user's part, rather than it being a way to auto-win fights without any effort or thought and far more situational.

I also definitely think it should have some sort of visible special effect while in someone's system, considering it's basically like taking stimulants that you can cook up in 20 minutes without spending traitor credits.
I think your idea is pretty solid Nida, it allows pretty much anyone to have a fair chance at fighting them if they play right. Medical can use defibs, the common folk (read as: staffies) can use the multitool special, sec has a variety of options. Though I do think it should remove a big chunk of it but not all.

TBH removing the OD cap wouldn't really do that much as most OD effects are quite tame and with a good healing mix (which will duplicate itself in your body) the effects can be ignored.
(11-26-2021, 06:16 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote: I think your idea is pretty solid Nida, it allows pretty much anyone to have a fair chance at fighting them if they play right. Medical can use defibs, the common folk (read as: staffies) can use the multitool special, sec has a variety of options. Though I do think it should remove a big chunk of it but not all.

TBH removing the OD cap wouldn't really do that much as most OD effects are quite tame and with a good healing mix (which will duplicate itself in your body) the effects can be ignored.

electrocution removing boosters is actually a really good idea if boosters must continue to keep users below OD levels - but it won't fix the 20 units of every drug still in the users' system. there's a good argument for making medicine ODs worse for rampagers too, if a few of the main healing chems got some more disorienting overdoses. get some more stuns and item dropping in there so that doctors accidentally ODing someone doesnt just kill them.
Omnizine overdose is crippling given the ~20s stun.
(11-22-2021, 10:30 PM)DioChasek Wrote: A shared od pool would then make said Chems weapons to be used on the crew. Because what’s worse than overdosing on a chem? Overdosing on a chem mix in in a sleepy pen with multiple overdose effects hitting you at once.

Maybe more drug interactions too? Like, if this is in your system while this in in your system, your organs will not have a good time
So long as said drug interactions aren’t commonly produced med Chems that you may have to use on a critical patient with multiple damage types or if they are common have a well documented negative irl response say like analgesic pills and alcohol for example.
The recipe is very very dumb. It is way too easy to make.
Spoiler stuff related:
It is actually very dumb that it duplicates the most difficult to come across chem in its recipe. You can technically make that chem forever and ever.

My opinion still stand: remove the recipe entirely and make it a botany-only chem. It even makes sense from a flavor perspective, as you can't just mix amino acids together and expect anything useful to emerge in a billion years.
(11-29-2021, 01:15 AM)Vocalpocal Wrote: The recipe is very very dumb. It is way too easy to make.
Spoiler stuff related:
It is actually very dumb that it duplicates the most difficult to come across chem in its recipe. You can technically make that chem forever and ever.

My opinion still stand: remove the recipe entirely and make it a botany-only chem. It even makes sense from a flavor perspective, as you can't just mix amino acids together and expect anything useful to emerge in a billion years.

A very rare and hard to make botany chem might be an acceptable solution, since you would still have to acquire the chems to use with it as well.
Booster Enzyme got nerfed again, but I still don't think it is in the right direction. Depletion time is irrelevant because as stated before, making this stuff should be easy once you get the first unit synthesized. I also do not like the idea of making it progressively weaker, as strong chems are cool, and making it less cool is a bad direction. It is just too easy to make, and no amount of number tweaks can fix it. The recipe is just broken, plain and simple.