Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
security idea dump
heres a big dump of ideas of got for security, have fun

put crowd dispersal grenades in the sectech - this is one i really want
They're not worth a full utility point due to them being useless against actual antags who usually have protective gear, but they are very handy at doing what their name implies, dispersing crowds. Usually greytiders. Also good for revs if you're beating up a single target, meanwhile a swarm of other revs are chasing you down. If you've got a small mob of greytiders outside security, you can throw one of these out and it'll probably scare them off. Not worth a full utility credit, because there's way better alternatives, but would make a good addition in the sec vendor, since flashbangs were removed from there.

military boots walk over cell chutes
Too often, prisoners use the cell chute as an easy way to separate themselves from the secoff to become a huge shitter, unscrewing the back wall of the cell, doing criminal things, taking up the brig space and refusing to leave, etc. I was thinking military boots should act like magboots, except only effective on the brig chutes. This way, a security officer can easily walk over, and deal with whatever rowdy nerd is sitting in there.

pinpointer should already be placed in the security belt
I always see loads of missed security pinpointers left in the equipment room, and I think newer secoffs who don't use it might not register the pinpointer that appeared, and would miss it and leave. I don't understand why it can't just be placed in the belt itself, unless it's a coding issue? I'm not sure, but it's just a thought I had I'm dumping here.

i might dump some more ideas or not
I would also like it if pin pointers came pre-named to the officer so I don't have to do the scramble for a labeler
I see no reason for the pinpointers to spawn separate from the gear. Making it spawn inside the belt seems like a simple change that would make people hang onto it more.

A bit unsure about crowd dispersal grenades in the sectech. They are a bit weak, granted, but they can still be somewhat annoying and it could lead to more grenades being thrown willy nilly. Or maybe we could rework the grenade? Mix together the fog and crowd dispersal so that it both blinds and applies short stuns. Fog grenades are extremely useless 99% of the time and CC are also under utilized so maybe adding their strenghts together could be an option.

I dont think military boots should walk over chutes, it makes somewhat little sense and would be a bit confusing. Instead how about resetting the timer on the brig closes the hatch? That way you can just close it up and extract the prisonner yourself if someone is being rowdy.
Protip: they can't fuck with the back wall of the cell if you take their tools before brigging them.
(11-13-2021, 09:38 PM)Mouse Wrote: Protip: they can't fuck with the back wall of the cell if you take their tools before brigging them.

But they can if you put it in the brig locker, which unlocks after the hatch opens.
Sec officers falling in the chutes is way too funny to remove.
What if instead of having the brig locker, on the outside of the brig there is a personal effects mail chute that activates the same time the prisoner steps into the chute? It could also be used as part of the punishment say load a pie or a tomato in there and they get pied or vegetabled on the way out.
(11-14-2021, 09:15 AM)DioChasek Wrote: What if instead of having the brig locker, on the outside of the brig there is a personal effects mail chute that activates the same time the prisoner steps into the chute? It could also be used as part of the punishment say load a pie or a tomato in there and they get pied or vegetabled on the way out.

So like, when the prisoner gets ejected out, they're items automatically get ejected with them? I really like this idea. No more hassling with the brig lockers.
People would lounge around and harass people being thrown out. Just take their tools permanently and be done with it
(11-14-2021, 10:22 AM)Cal Wrote: People would lounge around and harass people being thrown out. Just take their tools permanently and be done with it

Stealing a prisoner's tools generally isn't a very nice thing to do, from sec experience and prisoner experience. Unless they're a repeat offender, most experienced security let people keep their tools.

Also here's another idea I had for a small QoL touch
Add locking mechanisms to the sec podbays, I don't like leaving out my security pod in the public hangar when nobody will open the security hangar.
I see Cals point on it, but I do think it makes those unwilling to leave the brig prisoners more incentivized to leave since the only way they get their stuff back is by diving in the hole.
It takes 2 minutes to print out all the tools at a fabricator again. If they're breaking into somewhere, fuck em, they don't get to keep their tools.
(11-14-2021, 09:15 AM)DioChasek Wrote: What if instead of having the brig locker, on the outside of the brig there is a personal effects mail chute that activates the same time the prisoner steps into the chute? It could also be used as part of the punishment say load a pie or a tomato in there and they get pied or vegetabled on the way out.

Just make the brig lockers like cog2 lockers. Not in the cell, but in an ejection area. Kondaru essentially has the same thing, just with weird safes that security would have to manually do.

What i'm getting at is this idea was already a thing, it just should be used more often.
(11-15-2021, 03:02 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote:

Just make the brig lockers like cog2 lockers. Not in the cell, but in an ejection area. Kondaru essentially has the same thing, just with weird safes that security would have to manually do.

What i'm getting at is this idea was already a thing, it just should be used more often.

The cogmap 2 ejection method has always been my favorite, and I wish it could be used more often, I would love to see it implemented in more maps.
You can already close a chute if you throw an item at it