Feedback Flourish / Ley / Aloe / Others, didn't see. Nuclear Ops event on RP3 11/12/2021
That was SO fun! I had such a blast that I barely noticed that when I looked at the timer it was an hour later, haha.

Y'all spending your time to make something special for us is something I'm very appreciative of, thank you so much!

It's semi rare we get RP event rounds, and I always love them when they happen!

Lastly, thank you so much for letting me be an Operative! I'm incredibly grateful for the chance.
+1, was an amazing event, had a lot of fun with it! Thank you admin team!
The event was a blast, a wonderful time overall full of interesting moments, and it managed to involve the vast majority of the crew on an incredibly stacked shift.
Even with the incredible amount of players the administration team managed to clearly establish and upkeep the rules before and during the shift which was no small feat.

A huge thanks to everyone involved and i hope to see another such event sometimes on RP!
it was an amazing event! thanks so much for putting such a great event together, with a server pop of 130 its can be really hard to keep things organised but it ended up going so well! there were a few rule breakers but they were quickly dealt with by fast response from the admin team, the security and the syndicate performed amazing and overall was an amazing shift with so much RP!

thanks admins for an amazing shift! and for putting in so much of your time and effort into making sure everything went smoothly
I'm glad everyone had fun. I do take problem with how Antag roles for this shift were assigned.

At somepoint, the event description text apparently changed to open up nukie sign ups. No one was notified via ping, and shortly after, it was closed. The only way that a few users including me learned about this was when those who saw the text change were discussing their upcoming roles in the RP channel. This was not a good nor a equitable way to hand out antag roles for a pretty large admin event, as unless you were on discord at the time, or even on the discord at all, you had no knowledge that antags were preassigned and that they would not be given out via the normal means of RNG/using a token. I think the admins should have done this instead by lottery and also sending out a notification to all those interested to check it out in order to allow for the most amount of people to have a shot at playing the bad guys in the shift. If beforehand planning would be required, then drawning the lottery and then notifying those who had been pulled a hour to a hour and a half before the event would have been better.
I'm really glad that you had fun! Things definitely went better than I expected (especially considering the population!). Players deserve the majority of the credit though. Without your great RP and restraint, things would've devolved very fast. I especially loved the negotiations in the bridge where a bunch of people were posted outside standing guard, it was an excellent scene.

Re: signing up for special roles, I actually don't think "whoever DMs me first gets it" is any less fair than the typical event that is not announced beforehand and that relies on "whoever ahelps first gets it". For the future though, with pre-scheduled events that involve special roles, I'll have a Google Forms for people to fill out and randomly select from!
The nukies round was amazing and I'm really thankful for it. I especially appreciate the early notifications on discord, as sometimes unannounced events can feel overwhelming, and going to a shift knowing what to expect makes it so much better!
Yeah, traditionally these events are just handled via ahelp from admin to player. It was the first time in a long time I've seen pre-sign ups on Goon, last time it was for the Manta storyline which still left people out cold despite being a sign up and then selection sorta process for the bad guys, mostly picking trusted members in the case of the Manta storyline.

Ultimately, the selected nuke ops did extremely well and made the round fun for the crew, as did the crew themselves. I thought people did a very good job.
(11-13-2021, 01:34 PM)Leeanei Wrote: Yeah, traditionally these events are just handled via ahelp from admin to player. It was the first time in a long time I've seen pre-sign ups on Goon, last time it was for the Manta storyline which still left people out cold despite being a sign up and then selection sorta process for the bad guys, mostly picking trusted members in the case of the Manta storyline.

Ultimately, the selected nuke ops did extremely well and made the round fun for the crew, as did the crew themselves. I thought people did a very good job.

Yeah, the nuke ops team were fantastic. I really enjoyed the round, it had a lot of great moments. Thanks for the great shift all around.