Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds the ability to combine a breathing mask with a clown/mime mask to...
I still like the balloon air idea for clowns. Dunno about mimes.
I agree that the balloon idea is pretty solid. Keeps the spirit of the clown alive while allowing them to not be totally screwed in a longer vacuum if they know it's there in advance. I'm imagining a clown sprinting down the main hall of cog1, huffing balloons like a madman... Foomph! Foomph! Foomph!

Also let them inhale helium balloons to add helium to their system.
Gives clowns an advantage by letting them have an air supply wtf clown power gamers
(11-13-2021, 01:14 PM)MomoBerry Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:57 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:41 PM)Jakson Wrote: Playing is not a “hard mode” job at all, you just stumble every so often. As someone else said, it’s what you do with the job, that makes it hard. It STRONGLY detracts from the clown’s theme when it can’t wear the mask, and considering stations get depressurization 50% of the time on goon1, it’s just a common thing now.

No one is stopping you from using a breath mask as a clown.
I mean, they just said it detracts from the gameplay of clown when they take off the mask, disillusionment. It's just stuck between a rock and a hard place at that point, innit? don't take mask off > die cause atmos fuck or take mask off > feel like a shitter cause you took your mask off. I get haha clown gets the short end of the stick and gets fucked over is one of the old goon legacies, but I don't think most players within the last year or two even notice the "oh wow they kept their mask on" aspect. I just like having my mask on because it's a core visual aspect, and i think not having the mask on completely disillusions me. I just also don't want to get fucked over every time oshan or manta gets rolled and drown and have my heart stopped if I want to have the core visual of the job.

If taking off the mask makes you feel like a worse clown, then you are approaching an underwtanding of what it means to be the clown.

Clowning is not a way of life. It is a state of being. Your goal is not to live. Your goal is to clown.

True clown validation comes from within.

Let go of your mortal attachments.

The round will be over soon.

Live free, die honk.
Yeah what Urs said
True clown validation comes from your actions, and if the goal is to clown, then it’s a lot harder to clown if you’re dead. Suddenly you can’t be a clown because someone took a window out. We really shouldn’t base our judgement on this PR because “Well that’s the way it’s always been! It’s the true nature of the clown!” as though it’s something philosophical. From a gameplay perspective, as this is a game that we play to have fun, it should be fun to play, and people enjoy clown purely because of your aesthetic looks and the sounds that come along. Removing the most vital part of those two things creates an unfun job. It’s not affecting anyone, it’s not given a practical advantage, it’s not harming anyone else, there would only be a net positive of enjoyment if this was added

Think practically, not stubbornly

Sorry for the wall of text, I just wrote all this on my phone without reading over
I would certainly enjoy being a clown a lot less if this went through. I literally cannot explain this feeling to you if you don't already get it, and you're not gonna get it until you do.

For the people that do get it, I'm glad that they do, and imo it's more important to keep to this message than it is to appeal broadly.

Not everything has to appeal to everyone at all times.
I've not seen people give clowns/mimes flak for putting on a breathing mask/gas mask when the station is unaired.

Just put it on when the situation requires it?
Folks should be able to easily tell if someone is vulnerable near a breach (or for spacing) by looking out for breathing masks/gas masks. Having masks be installable with breathing capabilities would add an unnecessary part to the equation.
(11-14-2021, 07:14 PM)Zafhset Wrote: I've not seen people give clowns/mimes flak for putting on a breathing mask/gas mask when the station is unaired.

Just put it on when the situation requires it?
Folks should be able to easily tell if someone is vulnerable near a breach (or for spacing) by looking out for breathing masks/gas masks. Having masks be installable with breathing capabilities would add an unnecessary part to the equation.

I will bully maskless clowns. I feel dirty every time im cloned as clown because there's always a brief period where you are less than filth, walking around with your maskless shame beholden to the world.
KYYYYYYLE