Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds the ability to combine a breathing mask with a clown/mime mask to...
I strongly disagree with this. The masks are not (usually...) fused to your face. Clowns and mimes can use a breath mask like any other crewmember, and those who desire the challenge, humor, and honor of refusing to use a breath mask can do so as well. It's a non-issue, and as such needs no fix or change.
I absolutely love the balloon idea!
Clowns would be far too overpowered if they could also breathe in space.
Clowns dont even exist. Why are we discussing this?
I think that space helmets should work as internals in the helmet slot, since their description says they can maintain a pressurized environment.
(11-12-2021, 03:57 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: I think that space helmets should work as internals in the helmet slot, since their description says they can maintain a pressurized environment.

That's actually valid. Would be a nice alternative fix without having to change the functionality of anything on the jobs.
Na we had this discussion I think last year about space helmets already being too powerful and didn't need another buff to make people wear them at all times.
(11-12-2021, 07:50 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Na we had this discussion I think last year about space helmets already being too powerful and didn't need another buff to make people wear them at all times.

that was before space helmets had slowdown though.
I think making a new subtype of space helmets which allow you to breathe for a bit without internals would be good.

You should be able to make a fishbowl helmet and use that as a valid helmet like other people have suggested. Good slowdown and it breaking whenever you slip sounds balanced.
(11-12-2021, 07:50 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Na we had this discussion I think last year about space helmets already being too powerful and didn't need another buff to make people wear them at all times.

This wouldnt effect people wearing space helmets all the time cause theyd still rush gas masks always as well for that free fire and cold prot + smoke immunity
Playing is not a “hard mode” job at all, you just stumble every so often. As someone else said, it’s what you do with the job, that makes it hard. It STRONGLY detracts from the clown’s theme when it can’t wear the mask, and considering stations get depressurization 50% of the time on goon1, it’s just a common thing now.
(11-13-2021, 12:41 PM)Jakson Wrote: Playing is not a “hard mode” job at all, you just stumble every so often. As someone else said, it’s what you do with the job, that makes it hard. It STRONGLY detracts from the clown’s theme when it can’t wear the mask, and considering stations get depressurization 50% of the time on goon1, it’s just a common thing now.

No one is stopping you from using a breath mask as a clown.
(11-13-2021, 12:57 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 12:41 PM)Jakson Wrote: Playing is not a “hard mode” job at all, you just stumble every so often. As someone else said, it’s what you do with the job, that makes it hard. It STRONGLY detracts from the clown’s theme when it can’t wear the mask, and considering stations get depressurization 50% of the time on goon1, it’s just a common thing now.

No one is stopping you from using a breath mask as a clown.
I mean, they just said it detracts from the gameplay of clown when they take off the mask, disillusionment. It's just stuck between a rock and a hard place at that point, innit? don't take mask off > die cause atmos fuck or take mask off > feel like a shitter cause you took your mask off. I get haha clown gets the short end of the stick and gets fucked over is one of the old goon legacies, but I don't think most players within the last year or two even notice the "oh wow they kept their mask on" aspect. I just like having my mask on because it's a core visual aspect, and i think not having the mask on completely disillusions me. I just also don't want to get fucked over every time oshan or manta gets rolled and drown and have my heart stopped if I want to have the core visual of the job.
Oshan or manta doesnt really depressurize at all though (technically done its just very slowly) ? As long as you just stay standing up youre rarely deal with lack of air.
The clown should have a unique breath mask that looks like a big red clown nose and feeds the air through their nostrils.
While using it, they have a squeaky voice

Mime should be able to pantomime putting on a breath mask and be fine