Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional source of promethazine
Promethazine seems very useful as a chef in different situations but as it stands the only way to get it is to do a little bit of chemistry. That's okay, Bartender usually allows Chef the use of the chem dispenser and they can source the ammonia from just asking botany. However, I think one more source would be nice as in a situation where I'd want to willfully use promethazine as a chef, I imagine I'd have a lot of other things to be doing than chemistry.

Three ways to do this, you could add promethazine to ginger like someone on the discord suggested to me (more use for ginger now that ginger ale is in the drink dispenser), you could come up with a new plant entirely or you could add an extractable amount of promethazine to a recipe, akin to omnizine in a type of spaghetti. The ginger route seems easiest to me, adding another source but still keeping the interaction with botany.
honestly i feel like the main reason you don't see promethazine a lot(or at all, really) is the current depletion
i first made it to be balanced around a 25 u od and 0.1 depletion, meaning while you couldn't just take 100 us of it to stay the whole round with it in your bloodstream, it'd also be very easy to get it in small amount in you to last a big while
nowadays the only way to get it to last more than 5 minutes is taking a gigantic pill, you can't really make small patches of it or add it preemptively to stuff that would make you puke
my main issue with it is that