HoP Application: Cassidy Celestial/Zombaholic
Hello there! You may know me from the discord, or more so in game. Here's my application for Head of Security, and I thank you for taking the time to read and comment.

Usual character name:
Cassidy Celestial

BYOND username: Zombaholic

Discord username (if you are on our discord): Zombaholic

Recommended by (if applicable):

Goon servers you play: Goonstation 3, and 4

Reason for application:

I'm finding I'm coming across a lot of new security members, and haven't the tool set to help and guide them to be better Security. I'd also like to be able to handle issues that as a normal sec officer on lower pop servers I can't address such as; demotions of problematic individuals with high level access, access to higher restricted areas to investigate any tampering or to merely help the engineers/medical get to needed to work areas. And I would like to understand how higher level tools work for my curiosity's sake

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I wish I could a solid date, but I do think I've been playing security for a good part of a year plus now. Originally I was brought in by my friend who had been playing on the server for a while who brought me up to speed on the etiquette and manners of the server. After some time working various other roles I decided to try security, and it was there I met Gunnar on my first day. I was taught how to engage with others on station with civility and to just let people know you're there to help more than hinder. Since then it's just been my motto to say to people, “How can I help?”. Most of my games are me talking to individuals that raise a flag and trying to understand what their plan is through dialog, and eventually camera monitoring if I'm just a bit more suspicious. Aside from that there have been a few rounds with nuclear ops I've been on where we've successfully deactivated the bomb. Some rounds with pest control including a windego, space bear, space wasps, your usual suspects. Dealing with violence against other station goers be it self-antagonizing or a legit antagonist, and having ticketed and fined accordingly. Mindslaves, and a station slowly being converted. Flamethrower wielding Chaplains and how it was for "purification". Vampires, both civil and dangerous. Changling confrontations, again, both civil and uncivil. Putting spy stickers around and just listening to the usual traffic as they walk around station to get a better sense of the mood of the people. A lot of rounds investigating while helping security find suspects through detective work, and conveying information steadily to the team. And a few times having to hop into a portal when someone gets stranded to drag them back.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Talk first, always talk and ask what other station goers are doing and what they are planning. Sometimes what starts, as a red flag can end up being a fun experience. So it's necessary to balance fun for other players while making sure they don't mess with other peoples games. It's kind of an intuition thing you'll understand at a point to tell which players are genuinely trying to have a good time, and which are just being plain old jerks.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    As a detective, I was watching the security team handle a prisoner. I tried to convey they still have the same rights as anyone as they were verbal in their disdain for the incarcerated suspect. Then the radiation storm kicked in and instead of following the officers I decided to stay inside the brig with the prisoner in question. I handed them a cigarette, and we just talked for the whole of the storm. Another was spending time with a hacker who was able to get into the AI via mech comp. We started to talk, and they let their guard down some. They showed me how, and instead of doing anything malicious we both just started to bug the AI for candy as it was still the spooky month. He occasionally tails me if we meet up and we just chat. One of my prouder moments was being one of the last security officers alive after a revolution. With my team dead I made it a priority to have escape open and anyone who was heading that way was safe to enter it. We managed to escape a full on mess with included murder brawl pit and got some people home.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I'd like a cool forensic scanner to be in the security office as well, or something I could purchase, but I understand its limited for a reason. I just absolutely love being able to scan something from a few steps away, and not causing the door to open. Too many monkeys have gotten loose that way
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When part of a team I respond to alerts for back up, and go where I'm guided by the hierarchy above me (within reason). Sometimes I hang out at station to give the appearance that someone's always there when/if we're short staffed. But if we're staffed enough I make it an effort to engage with the community and see what everyone's up to while having a friendly face. It makes tracking some people easier when you know where they start and what they plan.When alone I stay in the station and respond to emergencies as indicated by the captain, HoP, or AI, or whatever comes over the general line via comms or the phone. I'm also learning how to play an instrument while I sit behind the desk. I'm fond of the fiddle.|
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Boots on the floor,
Hands on the door,
Standing very proud.

Boots on the floor,
Donuts galore!
Eating very loud.
Boots on the floor,
A mime's rapport,
They've taken a vow.
Boots on the floor,
Vampires are folkore!
Feeling very unallowed,
to my blood that is.
Thud.

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Being an ace pod pilot with a flappy cap, and goggles who vies for the skies yet again. There's just no real use for sec pods outside of the rare instance so it's not something I've fully invested in yet
  • Draw a picture!

[Image: KUb7hhi.png]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None that I'm aware of
For the few times I've seen you you're definitely a helpful member of community and know a lot about the game. Well written application. +1 from me. Also love the drawing!
I love there HoP work, they always stay in HoP office and hand out new ids and do id changes +1 from me.

On a more serious note I have seem them play security like once, likely a timezone difference? So it's not a yes or no from me since I haven't seen them enough.
(11-13-2021, 04:22 AM)Typhol Wrote: I love there HoP work, they always stay in HoP office and hand out new ids and do id changes +1 from me.

On a more serious note I have seem them play security like once, likely a timezone difference? So it's not a yes or no from me since I haven't seen them enough.

Hah, yes, my apologies. I've been working late lately and was a bit out of it while doing up the title proper
+1 in good faith.

you're brilliant, funny, run a good character and have for almost a year, are pleasant to be around, and very receptive to people's stories and gimmicks. i think most my experiences with you have been with you as detective, i wouldn't mind seeing you as sec officer more often, and i know things have been busy as of late. even if you got whitelisted and didn't play HoS all the time, i can already tell the rounds with you would be ones to treasure.
I don't see you around often sadly but from what I've seen you're a great officer who takes time for everyone. Even during frustrating situations you don't lose your cool and are a positive influence on the security team. You're also someone who takes lead when needed which gives me faith you'll do a great job as HoS.
+1
I've seen Cassidy play some very solid security. They're communicative and have a good understanding of when to be chill and play along with gimmicks and when to be serious. They also have a great sense of fashion! I'd love to see them as HoS.