Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
print faking traitor item
so you know how forensics has fingerprints?
imagine if you could purchase an item that allowed you to put someone else's prints on objects.
hear me out on this--

it could be a pair of gloves, or some multi-tool lookin' kind of device, or whatever, but the idea is that you can use it to confuse investigators or outright frame someone by fabricating forensic evidence.

you could hit someone with it and get their prints copied, or use a forensics scanner on something someone touched, but having to get it directly might be more balanced? shrug.

with their print in the device, you could then plant those prints on some suspicious objects and be able to really send sec and your victim for a spin should something come up and you get questioned.
if not stop from being accused, at least make the grounds dubious and create confusion.

this could be nerfed to have limited uses, such as needing to collect a sample every x uses, or putting a fragmented version (like with some glove types) of the selected print.
could also take time to do operations in general, with progress bar or some funky sounds in there as well.

this doesn't completely destroy investigation! if you're found with the item and the prints are discrepant, this really makes you look real weird. this also doesn't stop interrogation and eyewitness accounts and whatever else being used on RP.

stole the multitool design and made concept sprite below
this isn't all me, i credit the space discussion discord channel for grilling workshopping the idea!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)