Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cigarettes could give off light when lit.
Might be neat, a teeny amount of light though they're not really known for 'giving off' light they could glow like borg eyes by themselves with no light actually given off.
They don't? I thought they gave off a light like the lighter does.
(11-09-2021, 12:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: They don't? I thought they gave off a light like the lighter does.

I don't think they do
Weird. I have trouble seeing in the dark in games so I might have just thought it does.
I'll go ahead and PR this in like an hour when I get home

Edit:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/6634
In my opinion the light effect shouldn't be any bigger than your spatial awareness bubble that you can see without any light. Making it unpractical, as in, the light won't help you, but it will help others locating you. They could only see a small 1 tile wide glow of your sprite in the darkness of maint. I just think that screenshot in the PR looks way too bright.
Should be smaller than a lighter light would give off definitely
probably is too bright, coded that on my shitty laptop so it was a bit hard to tell
What if the end glowed in the dark like cyborg eyes

Oh wait you already said that

Let's do that
Yep. Glowing in the dark like borg eyes is the clear choice.

It doesn't make sense that smoking a cigarette would provide actual illumination of the surroundings such that you could see a tile around you. They aren't that bright. Maybe for a split second after a puff, but not constantly...
I've never smoked so I don't actually know how bright cigs are when lit. I'll leave it to the smokers to decide.