Mentor Application - Ashie
Usual character name: Cloe Frasier
BYOND username: TheAshie
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Ashie
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 4: Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): Teaching players of games I love is what makes me love games even more, it's what I do for fun. I already help new players in my departments when I can, but I want to help more than just one or two people at a time. I want to help people learn, and get good at this game. SS13, and even Goon, can be difficult to learn, and this learning curve may discourage players from playing for long. Mentors are there to help mitigate and traverse this learning curve. This is why I want to be a Mentor. To ensure players don't get discouraged by the learning curve. To help them traverse it. I want to be part of the Mentor Team, to feel like I'm making a difference in the game, and the community, not just playing a game. I've put hours upon hours into SS13, especially the Goonstation servers, I've played just about every role, learned many, many things. I want to share what I've learned with others, to make their shifts more fun. To take what I've learned from Mentors, and my own play time, and give back to the community. Being a Mentor, being able to teach, to help others grow, learn, and have fun, that's what I want. I love Goon, I love the community, I love the players. It's time I gave back. Become the Mentor, become the one people come to when they're lost, or new. When I needed help, the Mentors were always there for me, and I want to be there when someone else needs help. Being able to only help one or two people at a time is limiting, when so many people need help, and you can't go beyond your department. Helping is what I love, teaching others what I love, is what I love.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None!
i dont have much to say in regards to your app itself, as i havent seen you much ingame (just a server difference, not really your fault on that end). however, i think its important to note that patience is an important skill to both hos *and* mentor, and seeing you complain on discord within two hours of posting your app that no one has commented yet doesnt really speak patience to me. not a +1 or -1, just something i noticed that kind of made me go ehhh
(11-22-2021, 10:20 AM)Retrino Wrote: i dont have much to say in regards to your app itself, as i havent seen you much ingame (just a server difference, not really your fault on that end). however, i think its important to note that patience is an important skill to both hos *and* mentor, and seeing you complain on discord within two hours of posting your app that no one has commented yet doesnt really speak patience to me. not a +1 or -1, just something i noticed that kind of made me go ehhh

That's on me. I understand. I wasn't entirely aware of how long these sorts of things take, and seeing dozens of views with 0 replies was a bit disheartening. I will take what you've said into consideration, however, and thank you for your feedback.

Let it not be said I'm not professional and unwilling to learn from my mistakes.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 17 of March. For now, we encourage you to keep playing helping out other players, and to show that you are a positive presence in the community!