HoS Application for Yung Dump
Usual character name: Yung Dump
BYOND username: TeenisTime
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Teenis

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1, Goonstation Nightshade 1

Reason for application: I have been thoroughly enjoying playing security recently and I think this is the next logical step for me to take to experience all this great server has to offer smile

Security experience (300 word minimum): My experience with security has been mostly contained to goon 1 where shit is popping off constantly and endlessly to say the least, It's been great fun as hell keeping the station free of whatever antagonists or admins throw at it on a daily basis and I thoroughly enjoy what the security experience has to offer (without taking my position of authority too far of course). I've dealt with pretty much every antagonist that goon has to offer one way or another and I thought it was time I tried applying for the Head of Security position to further experience how security should properly be played to be a more fun role for myself and everyone else playing. Since I am well aware as the Head of Security all eyes are on you from an antagonist standpoint, that the role comes with far more responsibility than the normal security officer role. Being a head of staff and in charge of arguably the most powerful department on the station, you need to think before you act and weight your options thoroughly before making decisions that could effect one or more people's round. I am prepared to make this commitment for the sake of people's round integrity and overall fun (since this is what games are for!). When enjoying this beautiful game I've come to love over the past years, I've found myself wondering how anyone could make such a complex and (usually) working multiplayer roleplaying game like this fun? Then I realized the guy's who made offshoot servers or the OG game had a goal, to bring players together to improve their vision bit by bit together and I think that's truly the beauty of this great game. All the hard work and dedication of the spriters and coders across all servers really warms my heart when it comes to our silly spessman game, and I'm always craving more of the experience no matter how many times I play smile Thanks for reading and considering this application!

Answer two or more of the following:
  • Q: What advice would you give to other sec players? A: Roleplay servers and classic servers ARE NOT THE SAME and you will not have a good experience carrying your classic server tendencies of shoot first ask later, secondly PLEASE familiarize yourself with the rules of the particular server you are playing, people powergaming and being a general asshat (especially in security) are not taken kindly to.
  • Q: What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) A: My personal favorite moment playing as security was striking an accord with the wizard federation and indoctrinating them into the station as part of the workforce (willingly lol) only to have them seek out their targets behind our backs and attempt to overthrow the chain of command. It was a long round of cat and mouse as these wizards were quite competent and almost got us all. The only saving grace was a radstorm that saved secs asses and killed 2 outta 3 of the wizards leaving our team able to handle the remaining magic man.
  • Q: What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? A: I think there are a few improvements that could be made to the security department in terms of stuns and their effectiveness. I understand that a security officer Is not supposed to use lethality under most circumstances and must rely on stuns, but I feel that stuns are incredibly powerful and a rebalancing of the baton and tazer is needed. Perhaps give the tazers a bit of a longer stun time and batons quite a bit less.
  • Q: Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. A: As a team of officers you can take situations on in pairs or more, be in more than one location and handle danger a lot more effectively, as a solo officer you need to slow that mindset down and pick your battles. I usually end up sticking with the captain or one of the other heads as a solo officer to ensure all access doesn't fall into the hands of someone that shouldn't have it and to protect the chain of command.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.Heisenbee, buzzing. beeDR. Acula, flapping.Dr. AculaSylvester, walking.  (insert Sylvester emote here)I hope you enjoyed my painful haiku lmao.
    • Q: What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? A: Of course the answer is gonna be Honkurity, I have never experienced the fabled honkurity but damn do I want to. The idea of the entire security team tripping over their own big goofy shoes is hilarious to me, but I doubt I could convince the entire security force to go along with it. STILL I always hold out hope.
    • Draw a picture! I have no idea how to insert a picture here unfortunately frown Sorry!
    • Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Yes I've had 2 previous bans I believe from when I first started playing and got the wrong impression of the game from videos on youtube. The first being for monkeying some poor soul in genetics and irradiating them to all hell (which was not very nice in retrospect) the other was for some colorful language (nothing racist though). 
Played with Yung Dumb plenty. He frequents Sec, an above-average Secoff.

Yung maintains radio contact with the team and communicates well, shows up to calls for help often enough.
Though his presence is quiet and fleeting, he does not abuse prisoners, offenses against the crew are minimal.

That said, there are qualities I feel would be missing from An HoS.
Guide the team. Ensure prisoners and crew alike are receiving fair treatment. Intervene in their behalf against abusive Sec/Command.

I will add, in your case, I feel you should make decisions for yourself. Decide between right and wrong, and act.
Often, you remove yourself from a situation if you're not certain what to do.
This is not a bad thing, however, if you're gonna be in a position to lead others--How will that help them?

You've done a fine job as it is, yet I'd like to see more.
Can't support this for now.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 17 of March. For now, we encourage you to keep playing security roles, and to show that you are a positive presence in your security team!