Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Movement ideas
Sounds super hot. Reaching over to swap walk/run is just unrealistic mid-combat.
You have to bind a new key which new players--and many veterans--simply won't think to do.
As a result, they're being held back from being better at the game and they don't even know it.
This change alone might encourage players to practice walking through puddles/over wet floors, helping them to become more skillful at the game.

The idea of utilizing flips to change direction while maintaining speed seems like it could add a new mechanic for players to learn and compete with.
This of course could help skillful players evade capture or chase down their foe.

Beyond that, "Sliding" forward from high momentum seems to be a very interesting concept.
As it is, avoiding traps while at a sprint is difficult.This might encourage players to be more cautious about breaking into a full sprint everywhere.
Perhaps there can be a "Dead Stop" utilized by going prone, falling to the floor to decrease the "Slide" or stop it altogether, however this kills your momentum.
Overall I'm not a fan of this, but maybe I just lack vision.

Please also remember the current "Slide" mechanic (I think that's what it's called) whereby a player uses Resist and then "Throws" it to perform a quick slide.
Perhaps this can be incorporated into some of your ideas so it doesn't feel like an after thought.

----
Unfinished thought.

Messages In This Thread
Movement ideas - by Frank_Stein - 11-06-2021, 04:29 AM
RE: Movement ideas - by Chayot - 11-06-2021, 07:41 AM
RE: Movement ideas - by zjdtmkhzt - 11-06-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Movement ideas - by Yellow - 11-06-2021, 08:55 PM