Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antag arms and Door breaking.
Currently if you're a Werewolf or a Changeling and you get locked in a room, unless you have tools, thats it. I suggest an alternative.
Certain antags should step away from needing to use human tools, and to use their own tools. When a Shambler or a Werewolf, or even a Wendigo uses their arm to pry open a bolted door. Instead of it failing and saying its too strong, it should rattle the door and say something like "You didn't pry it open, but you did some damage." Over say three or four attempts to pry open the bolted door, it should break. Each pry is like 20-30s so, tweak at a balanced rate.

I suggest this also because it depromotes powergaming and always having a full toolbelt.
It would be nice if supercop AIs couldn't instantly take nonhuman antagonists out of the round.
Shamblers, werewolves, and hunters can all tear doors open, it just takes aaaaages and doesn't have an action bar, so you can't actually tell how long it'll take
(11-05-2021, 11:01 PM)Zonespace Wrote: Shamblers, werewolves, and hunters can all tear doors open, it just takes aaaaages and doesn't have an action bar, so you can't actually tell how long it'll tkae

doesnt work on bolted doors
(11-05-2021, 11:01 PM)Zonespace Wrote: Shamblers, werewolves, and hunters can all tear doors open, it just takes aaaaages and doesn't have an action bar, so you can't actually tell how long it'll tkae

Yes, they can pry open unbolted doors they don't have access too, which is essentially every non civilian general door. This essentially Emags the door open for the rest of the shift.

This is about bolted doors, the ones you can't pry open because it says something about it being too strong. Unlike the Emag which will damage a bolted door and make it easier to bash open, a limb opening a bolted door does nothing but waste the antags time. Infact I change my opinion. The first attempt emags the door and damages the interior components, the second time they attempt to open the door they destroy it. Door health and type depending.
(11-05-2021, 10:17 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Instead of it failing and saying its too strong, it should rattle the door and say something like "You didn't pry it open, but you did some damage." Over say three or four attempts to pry open the bolted door, it should break. Each pry is like 20-30s so, tweak at a balanced rate.

I suggest this also because it depromotes powergaming and always having a full toolbelt.

I think there's also something to be said for dramatic tension of some kind of monster slowly breaking it's way out of captivity
From the perspective of an avid AI player:

I dislike the notion of being able to instantly shut down an antag's round, and if I must, then I want it to be a challenge or at least not as trivial as shift clicking some doors. I mostly play on RP, so I don't have as much experience with werewolves/changelings, but I would definitely be happy with the idea of them being able to rip bolted doors open. Maybe require repairs on the door before it can be operated (or re-bolted) as a sign that the door has been ripped open by such an antag?

And god yes the idea of hoping Security arrives in time before a rampaging werewolf claws its way out of a bolted room sounds dramatic and exciting; yet another reason for it!

In addendum: Borg arms could also be able to rip bolted doors open at the cost of not insignificant brute damage, and taking longer to do.
(11-06-2021, 08:29 AM)aft2001 Wrote: In addendum: Borg arms could also be able to rip bolted doors open at the cost of not insignificant brute damage, and taking longer to do.

A use for sturdy borg arms?!?