Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Mindswap Secret chem idea
1/ General information

Chem name : Mindswappium (This name is basic and probably worth changing)
Color : Pinkish / Varient colors = [Random RGB value for "a"] <--> [opposite RGB value for "b"]
Depletion rate : If Mindswapeffect=false then Base 0.05u  / If Mindswapeffect=true then depletion rate is equal to  0.75 + 0.55 * (|distance-to-other-afflicted|*0.075) [See Description part and effects part]
Amount of reagent created upon recipee completion : mutliplied by two (for the first part of the recipee)
Effect upon heating @???k : Duplicates itself into two "gellatine cube's" of units equal to the original reagent [See Recipe part]
Creation flavor text : The substance becomes pinkish and gooey... --(after heating)--> The liquid becomes bigger as it exits the container.... Somehow.

2/ Description

Mindswapium is a chem which allows two players/Ai's/similar to swap out consciousness. For this to be done two conditions must be met :

- 1. The two corresponding varients of the reagent must be present in two body's. (if two varient of the SAME value are put inside two different body, the varient with the biggest unit of the two will turn itself back into It's "solid state" exiting the container in the process)

- 2. Varients can only react with a varient that has +1 their own number and that is a pair number (so that 2 cannot react with 3 but 3 can react with 4, this is too avoid reagents from overlapping control with other varients, if multiple are created)

- 3. The two afflicted must have at least over 40units of reagents in them for the effect to occur.

General idea but in a different form : [a = b - 1] and [b/2=naturalnumber] and [aUnits>40;bUnits>40] --> Then Mindswapeffect=true / If Mindswapeffect=true then give Mindswapstatus to [The two entity's] (I have no idea how to code have mercy on me !)
Upon successfully meeting those conditions. The two affected will gain control over the "other one" body. Reagents will also deplete at __the same speed__ between individuals regardless of traits or depletion increasing chemicals [See effects part, for exceptions]

3/ Effects

[What is It's purpose ?

The effects of mindswapium as explained above are "pretty simple" ! It's simply a chem that allows you to as said in the name "swap minds" with an entity or player of course that also means you'll loose control of your current body !. Straight forward !

[What are It's unit requierement ?

As said before. It needs to have two of It's corresponding varients in a critter/human or basicly anything with a life cycle. With it being more effective the more there is of it !
(The part below really is just to help picture what the chem would do if it ever existed)

{Below 20 units : Jitternes, flavor text about hearing distorted voices and shared hearing (between the two affected, in a similar way to how the fancy jewel functions). If the two afflicteds were once over that treshhold then they will go back to their respective body when going below 20units.

{Below 40 units : Jitternes and occasional item drop, 25% chance of disoriented, 15% chance of a 3second stun. Control over body is gained ! Yet there isn't enough units to establish a proper link, you also can't seem to get a good grips on your hands to mess with your clothing. (to avoid people from just insta stripping the gear out of someone)...

{Below 75 units : Slight Jitternes, 5% chance of disoriented, 12% chance of a 2 second stun. +0.5 brain, 10% chance of an additional +1.5 Brain. Control is now much better ! But at a cost, the afflicted slowly looses themselves as the brain damage ramps up and up !

{Anything above 75u : +1 Brain 33% of an additional 1.5 Brain, 6% chance of developping space madness. Perfect control over the body, but at what cost ?

(Note The mindswapping effect is not instantaneous, to prevent it from being overpowered it should be shown as a status, that, once reaching 0 gives the mindswapping effect until one of the two varients goes below 40units)

(Notex2 When mindswapped the affected shouldn't be able to use : the sucide command/succumb command. Anything else works tho ! [See Even more side notes (D.)])

(Notex3 Affected shouldn't be able to read reagent scans. Justifying exemple : controlling a scientist with secret chems precursor in his backpack. While this may be a stretch I feel like it would also be good to restrict chemdispenser acces for the controlled players)

[How to prevent it ! :

Halopiradol aswell as Mannitol are most effective against Mindswapium ! Halopiradol increases depletion rate by 4 ! Mannitol however only increases it by 2. Mindswapium also depletes significally faster the farther you are from the other afflicted with it being counted in tiles (or other mesures).

For exemple ! If you were to stand 50 tiles from the person you've mindswaped with you'd end up with a depletion rate of 2.8125 units ! [See top general description for the very basic and probably worth changing operation]
A more violent way of dealing with mindswapium would also be to kill the body you've swapped with, althought the other affected might have a similar idea ! Still better than getting your body controlled by someone else !

(Note depletion rates are augmented on both affected if the halopiradol or mannitol is present)

I suppose you could also completly ignore the varient part of the chem, but then effects such as depletion rates being higher depending on the distance wouldn't be able to be done (Or at least I think,). I also feel like it would be almost impossible to fight back against it, if the chemists uses it on an unholy number of entity's (aka sleepy pen 20 monkes then do the same with multiple players = hell).
I'm also unsure of how it would handle deaths with multiple shared consciousness.

4/ Recipee

(I'm leaving that to the coders [See note 2 below]) --> (Mindswapium precursor) -(Must be heating to avoid from creating multiple varients upon mixing)-> Two mindswapium varients in the form of cubes (1 and 2 !. Which translates to [last varientnumber + 1] with 0 being the base value !)

(note the "cubes" can be simply shoved into a beaker to extract It's reagents, putting both varients in the same container will make them go back to their solid state)
(notex2 General theme of the recipee : Cohesive chemicals, slimy yet not liquid chemicals 1-2 chems <-- in reference to It's cube form / Chemicals related to consciousness itself 2-4 chems)

5/ Even more side notes (incase of misunderstanding/additional information)

A. I do not refer to varient in It's coding term but to describe the mindswapium reagents that interact with each other in different body's.

B. There is currently a "flaw" in my "poor attempt to code", regarding the attribution of varient numbers. Exemple : If varient 2 is missing but varient 1 is still present, then if another pair of varient is created, 3 will be the last varient henceforth 3 will become unusuable. One way to fix this (perhaps) would be to keep track of each two varients creation and to add 2 to this [counter upon creation] which will then get added every pair while still following the original math.

C. The name of the varients does not change but the color does. In fact the takes the opposite color defined randomly by the first varient.

D. Regarding the sucide/succumb command. Another option would be to "not restrict both of the commands" but to give them a chance to fail in a similar way to how micro/macro bombs work. This however could create issue when deciding which player needs to be cloned with which body (this part may need some adjustment/change's more than the others)

5/ The unrelated part

This whole thing is a mess made of little details and restrictions ! But I think It's a necessary mess still as a chem with such effects could easily be turned into "ahah I becom yu, I pres sucid. Now yu ded" which would be quite unfun.
Althought I've only been laying down the path for coders. That path however isn't finished, as it needs adjustements, modifications, ect... This chem idea is the same as the path ! It needs adjustements and modifications and It's current state may not be ideal !
I also hope that my whole description of the reagent is clear enough to be understood and that no one suffered from an aneurism reading this.
With all of that said, thank you ! Thank you for taking a bit of your time (or not) to read this !

Edit note the mindswap is not permenant and stops when under 20units (I apparently failed to explain this on the effects part)
eh, not a fan of this. i dont need someone sticking the HoS and themselves with it and causing chaos, chem nerds can mass produce stuff so fast that id see this chem every round cus of the sheer power. take cap/hos/hop and just hide an AA card etc
While this does sound pretty interesting handcuffing yourself after penning someone like the hos then running to the airlock, stripping yourself, and jumping out the airlock would be too effective. Also coding this seems like a nightmare.
(11-04-2021, 11:00 AM)Cal Wrote: eh, not a fan of this. i dont need someone sticking the HoS and themselves with it and causing chaos, chem nerds can mass produce stuff so fast that id see this chem every round cus of the sheer power. take cap/hos/hop and just hide an AA card etc

The main point here (I think) is It's power and how chemists can mass produce chems in general, but I don't believe that I when writting this have named any specific chems that would suggest that this is easy to make in big quantities (I've only given themes !).
And I don't think the fact that it is powerfull is a problem either.
For exemple : Initro is slow and hard to make but has effects that would guarrantee in almost any case the death of It's victim. If It's too powerfull then make it equally hard to make !
Whilst I like the idea of an extra way of mindswapping, Im not sure chem is the right route. My suggestion would be (venturing into spoiler territory) making the current methods more accessible without the use of a portasci, either through un-teleblocking the zone so it is accessible through the command teleporter, or making better methods to get to <the place> without relying on science teleporter, <x artifact interaction> or <x debris zone item>. That, or making the <x secret chem> variant of a mindswap more accessible, either through upping the chance of it happening when you have said effect, or making a variant of the effect available to the relevent department.
Considering the shitty sleepy pen that exists in a prefab, people would just sleepy pen antags and steal there powers.
There Also seems to be a misunderstanding, I did not want the effect to be permanent the mindswapping can only occur above 20 units once under this treshhold the two afflicted go back to their own body the effect isn't and shouldn't be permanent >.>.
(I will give it an edit still to clarify that)
I think it's a great chem idea, honestly. It's not like it's an instant swap, and you need to have both people with the chem. People are touching on the issue above already, but so many things are secret and mostly unknown, and so most of the goofy effects of things never see the light of day. I would rather get mindswapped by a goofy chem somebody spent 14 minutes and have a funny situation on my hands over someone throwing a pitcher that took 70 seconds to make and causing me to die from a hellmix.

Like, i'm not even sure where that prefab sleepy pen is lmao. Maybe the way sleepy pen functions is just obnoxious in general for chemistry, and should be reworked, because in most cases without sleepy pen, getting chems into people is actually pretty difficult without stuns.
Secret means nothing honestly.  Anyone willing to spam obnoxious secret chems round after round is going to find a tutorial for making secret chems instead of figuring it out themselves.

Granted, you could probably avoid that by simply not putting the chem on the wiki, I know of at least one secret chem that's insanely weaponizable but isn't mentioned anywhere on the wiki.