Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec whistle rework.
the whistle currently is somewhat meh, I find a good amount of officers discard it due its very niche use, you see someone running away? blow it at them or.... scream and point or.... shot them with a taser once and get called a dick earlier than anticipated or... change Miranda rights to say a message to the one you are chasing "Excuse me sir can you please STOP. FUCKING. RUNNING. , I will empty my GODDAM taser into your greytiding ass if you dont stop RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Jesus Christ what the hell did I do in a past life to deserve this.",or... snap your fingers like the tuff guy you are. You see we have alternatives to the whistle making it quite redundant, if someone is running away they are not likely to stop at some chucklenuts with a whistle.

So what would I do to change it?
Well, output an message above the character who blows it like a red or yellow Message "Blows into the whistle!"(making it red might make it harder to read, maybe make it so it flashes red or yellow for a bit then returns to grey)
Make it so you can setup a short message your character says when you blow it Red Mallcop says "Stop in the name of the law!"(maybe make it that only security players can say the words while using the whistle like an alternative to miranda rights)
Train sec to whistle (give them an emote specifically for whistling say "*whistle" and add an command in command tab)
it should disorient people around you like a flash but make you take oxygen damage
I use whistle as a secass to halt tiders. It is quite funny as is.
(11-02-2021, 04:51 AM)Kelpo Wrote: the whistle currently is somewhat meh, I find a good amount of officers discard it due its very niche use, you see someone running away? blow it at them or.... scream and point or.... shot them with a taser once and get called a dick earlier than anticipated or... change Miranda rights to say a message to the one you are chasing "Excuse me sir can you please STOP. FUCKING. RUNNING. , I will empty my GODDAM taser into your greytiding ass if you dont stop RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Jesus Christ what the hell did I do in a past life to deserve this.",or... snap your fingers like the tuff guy you are. You see we have alternatives to the whistle making it quite redundant, if someone is running away they are not likely to stop at some chucklenuts with a whistle.

So what would I do to change it?
Well, output an message above the character who blows it like a red or yellow Message "Blows into the whistle!"(making it red might make it harder to read, maybe make it so it flashes red or yellow for a bit then returns to grey)
Make it so you can setup a short message your character says when you blow it Red Mallcop says "Stop in the name of the law!"(maybe make it that only security players can say the words while using the whistle like an alternative to miranda rights)
Train sec to whistle (give them an emote specifically for whistling say "*whistle" and add an command in command tab)

I think it's honestly fine as is. While it may seem ridiculous (and it is), it's an effective way to say "Hey, stop, I wanna talk" without having to open the chatbox. If a whistling and pointing aren't enough to get someone to stop, you may want to escalate your force.
I think we could use more things along this line, like a megaphone for speaking big text, or a siren PDA app for sec
giving it red text when blown was something i wanted to code myself, i still take my whistle with me but i found nearly no reason in using it as pointing is far more effective in comparison