Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] New Chem: Rubbing Alcohol
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEEDBACK]

About the PR
Adds a new chemical: Isopropanol! This chem is made by combining 1:hydrogen,1:oxygen, and 2:ethanol. This also replaces the normal ethanol in the rubbing alcohol bottles with this new chem.

Why's this needed?
The main purpose of this chem is to replace the ethanol in rubbing alcohol bottles with a chem that actually does something. This is meant to reduce the damage dealt when performing surgery, and also decays into ethanol.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Wisemonster
(*)Added a new chem, isopropanol! (AKA, rubbing alcohol) Check minor changes for details
(+)Isopropanol is a chem that's helpful in surgery. It's components are hydrogen, oxygen, and ethanol, with a 2:1 ratio for ethanol. More info in the Pharmacopia.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Suggestion: have it heal burn. I say this because menthol requires mint, wheras salycilic acid does not, this way for my RP doctor purposes I can carry a bottle of rubbing alcohol to apply topically with minimal effort.

Edit: terrible idea
Interesting change. My one concern is that it might make dispenserless chemistry harder by removing a publicly available source of pure ethanol.
sorta makes it a very good poison, at first glance
(10-30-2021, 07:23 PM)Nihisohel Wrote: sorta makes it a very good poison, at first glance

Now that I think about it, since it decays into ethanol, and deals tox damage, it is a bit powerful when it comes to being a poison.

I might reduce how much tox damage it deals
I'm a little confused about it healing brute damage through drinking it, shouldn't that be a touch effect only like with styptic?
(10-31-2021, 09:16 AM)Maarak Wrote: I'm a little confused about it healing brute damage through drinking it, shouldn't that be a touch effect only like with styptic?

I believe that's what it does, gonna double-check to make sure.
(10-31-2021, 09:19 AM)Wisemonster Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 09:16 AM)Maarak Wrote: I'm a little confused about it healing brute damage through drinking it, shouldn't that be a touch effect only like with styptic?

I believe that's what it does, gonna double-check to make sure.

Yeah I think you're right now that I'm looking at the code in the PR itself.