Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Help intent shake-up no longer gets you up if you're voluntarily resting
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[balance] [feedback] [QoL]
About the PR
Does just that. Help intent shakes no longer remove the resting status, so if you're voluntarily lying on the floor you won't be shaken upright.
If there's still a want/need for a way to get laid-down people up, I could add some other method- maybe an aggressive grab always stands a person up if they're resting but not stunned/weakened?
Do note that if you're stunned AND resting, you'll have to manually stand up even after the stun is removed (by the shakes).

Why's this needed?
It's annoying when you're intentionally trying to lie on the floor for whatever reason and people keep shaking you upright. Also annoying when you're trying to fake death and people keep RUINING IT

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u) aloe
(+) Using help intent to shake a prone person upright will no longer stand them up if they're voluntarily resting (still removes stuns, etc)

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I like this
If i get catapulted across the station and want to remain on the ground or if i want to RP unconsciouness, it'd be nice if a light tap on the shoulder didnt make my character immediatly stand up. I like this!
There should be a way to make people who are voluntarily resting stand up. Like when dragging a handcuffed criminal, they'll lie down to slow you and you have to keep shaking em to stand em up for a sec before they ley down again. That's a funny interaction IMO and I don't really want to see it go.
good change. maybe being restrained should force you up.
copy pasting my own post from discord:

Quote:i will Comment here, not a fan of this pr
currently you can tap rest to make sure you don't get up when shaken, or immediately lie back down
it doesnt have usage for faking death, because the help shake message will be different than the 'tries to give CPR but its too late!" message
i think its just making a very basic action (help intent to help someone up) more muddy and unclear
i also see it adversely affecting new players who dont know how to stand up
like half the time a new player ends up in that situation someone else ends up shaking them up lol

people have also brought up the point that forcing someone else to stand up is an Important action that would need to be rebound to another intent or button. I don't really think it would be suitable to put on any other intent click, don't like the idea of it being attached to grab intent for an action that is ostensibly 'helping the other person get up'

(10-29-2021, 04:58 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: If i get catapulted across the station and want to remain on the ground or if i want to RP unconsciouness, it'd be nice if a light tap on the shoulder didnt make my character immediatly stand up. I like this!

side thing I wanted to mention, you can use the *faint emote and then activate rest mode to fully put your character to sleep. someone else can still break you out of it though, it'll just take a few more clicks
having your character fully fall asleep actually isn't that great for rp because it makes you miss out on what the other people you're near are saying, which is a pretty important part of the experience for a lotta rp players
Agreed with mbc.
Perhaps help intent aimed at the chest shakes up and tries to get them to stand since that's the default and most intuitive? People insistent on rping or otherwise could aim for a different body part
why not just make a fake dead emote do this?
Maybe if you shake someone who is resting voluntarily it gives a different chat message saying they don't want to get up?
better yet, make sure youre grabbing the person before helping them up

would probaaaaably make meatshields much more powerful though
(10-30-2021, 05:55 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: better yet, make sure youre grabbing the person before helping them up

would probaaaaably make meatshields much more powerful though

Clown buff
perhaps just make it so that intentional resting requires three clicks to get someone up out of it

alternatively make it so that using the walk intent (lol who does this) makes you stay in rest mode

triple hyper comedy option: hold shift/stamina button to refuse being pulled up