Mora Mentor Application
Usual character name: Mora Crime
BYOND username: MrMora
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Mora#6505
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Classic 1 and occasionally classic 2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
quite frankly I've wanted to apply for mentor for a while now, though I've been concerned about my knowledge of the games mechanics for most of that time. However I feel like now I'm at a good enough level of understanding to actually start helping people through answering Mhelps.

As for my reason for applying? its very simple, I want to help new players learn the game mechanics so that they can dive into the deep ends of the game. I also want to take some of the load off of the mentors but I don't think I've sent many Mhelps so my experience with how many mentors are actively answering questions is limited. Though I feel like due to the new tide of players there may be a need for mentors.

As for my game experience, I've been here for a little over a year now and I feel like I have a good understanding of each departments mechanics, so lets go through them.
Civilian: A varied department to be sure but I think I've had enough experience as a civ to be competent in each of the jobs
Engineering: I've spent many rounds as a miner, mechanic, or qm but ironically not many as a engineer. So the TEG is one of the few things I do not know much about sadly
Science: definitely my strongest department, I have a good grasp of each sub part of science from artifacts to chemicals
Command: I've played command jobs, like captain and HoP, enough to have a good grasp on each of them.
Security: While not my most or least played department I know enough to answer most questions about security protocol

In conclusion, I've been here for 1 year and 2 months and in that time I've meet many amazing and kind people in this community who have helped me learn and enjoy this game, and I honestly feel like I should be able to give something back and help newer players.

(sorry if this is disjointed im not very good at writing long things) 
Thank you for reading!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): currently prayer banned
I see them on discord being helpful often, considering how many MHelps are done through discord, I'm comfortable giving a +1 to this
Helpful and polite. I easily approve of this one.
(10-28-2021, 03:07 PM)Mora Wrote: Usual character name: Mora Crime
BYOND username: MrMora
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Mora#6505
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Classic 1 and occasionally classic 2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
quite frankly I've wanted to apply for mentor for a while now, though I've been concerned about my knowledge of the games mechanics for most of that time. However I feel like now I'm at a good enough level of understanding to actually start helping people through answering Mhelps.

As for my reason for applying? its very simple, I want to help new players learn the game mechanics so that they can dive into the deep ends of the game. I also want to take some of the load off of the mentors but I don't think I've sent many Mhelps so my experience with how many mentors are actively answering questions is limited. Though I feel like due to the new tide of players there may be a need for mentors.

As for my game experience, I've been here for a little over a year now and I feel like I have a good understanding of each departments mechanics, so lets go through them.
Civilian: A varied department to be sure but I think I've had enough experience as a civ to be competent in each of the jobs
Engineering: I've spent many rounds as a miner, mechanic, or qm but ironically not many as a engineer. So the TEG is one of the few things I do not know much about sadly
Science: definitely my strongest department, I have a good grasp of each sub part of science from artifacts to chemicals
Command: I've played command jobs, like captain and HoP, enough to have a good grasp on each of them.
Security: While not my most or least played department I know enough to answer most questions about security protocol

In conclusion, I've been here for 1 year and 2 months and in that time I've meet many amazing and kind people in this community who have helped me learn and enjoy this game, and I honestly feel like I should be able to give something back and help newer players.

(sorry if this is disjointed im not very good at writing long things) 
Thank you for reading!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): currently prayer banned

+1
My experiences with them have been limited yes, but in the few I have had they've always been a fun and helpful person. I think they'd make a great addition big grin
Someone who is very knowledgeable and cheery, always a bonus having them in my rounds. +1
I'm pretty damn picky about endorsing applications, but Mora gets a +1.

I think they could be a very valuable addition as a mentor.
+1
we need mora crime. good on discord, very knowledgeable.
i think mora would be a great mentor!! helpful and knowledgeable person, its always v nice to interact with them on discord. so that's a +1 from me!
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns around your Discord conduct. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and helpful member of the community!